Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage-pass.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Alex

Xenia

Backstage-pass.png

Hey all, we’re back to introduce another one of our newest Moderators to you. Welcome aboard @Alex 

Glad to have you among us! Let’s start with an interesting fact about yourself.

I really like digital art and photography. 

Those are great hobbies - Did you start with both at the same time or did you develop them gradually? 

I always find new hobbies and try to spend a bit of time on each one, so I’d say they keep developing over time.

How and when did you discover your love for digital art and photography? 

I was painting from an early age and at some point I moved from pencil and paper to digital. I started doing photography in University for my cinema related courses.

Do you have a favorite motif and if so why? 

I don’t have a certain area of focus. I like doing travel photography, capturing interesting moments from my adventures.

2020-10-19.jpg

These are amazing! So, when did you start using Spotify?

I started using it in Japan, because most of my friends there were playing music on Spotify.

Now you have to tell us more about your trip to Japan. What made you go there? 

I went there purely for pleasure. I love Japanese culture, the food and martial arts. I was teaching English there and working on a voluntary garden project for some time as well.

Sounds like quite the adventure. Any particular part of Japan that you’d like to recommend visiting and why? 

I’d recommend the island of Yakushima. It’s the inspiration for all of Studio Ghibli’s films, and it’s a truly magical place where man has not yet conquered nature, but rather learned how to live in peace with it.

Wow, I’d really love to go there sometime. Out of curiosity - Have you been to any other countries besides Japan?

I’ve been to most countries in Europe. Spent one summer travelling Northern Europe when I finished university, which was a great experience.

I bet it was! Now, to round things up - Wanna share a favorite playlist of yours?

I really like the 'This is NOFX' playlist with the best songs from the band. I love listening to that playlist in shuffle mode, since it contains all of the band's songs that I love. 

spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX6KE9M7aTCxK

Nice one! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to the Community, Alex 📷 🎨

You can check out the Community Blog for previous editions of Backstage Intro, along with other regular features from the Community Rock Stars and Moderators. To find out more about the Rock Star Program, head here.  

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

4 Comments