Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage-pass.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Emil

Petya

Backstage-pass.png

Today I’m super excited to present another amazing person who keeps the Spotify world rolling! Without him, the strong team dynamic and the smooth running of the Community simply wouldn't be possible. It’s an honour for me to introduce you to Emil! 

T024FA1UX-U063WEQ8H-107f821bceee-512.jpg

Hi Emo! Really nice to have a “talk” with you. We moderators know how awesome you are to work with, but what can you tell us about life outside the office?

Glad to have the honors! Outside of the office, I’m not much different. Maybe sometimes I’m too honest, which could lead to people mistaking me as arrogant. Whenever I have free time, I spend time with my friends. Going to music events, playing board games or hanging out and chatting in bars with my closest people is what I enjoy most. Fun fact - I’m actually quite the introvert, but I do like to be the center of attention at the same time. Weird, I know.

Nice! A little birdy told us that you’ve been abroad for some time. What’s your most memorable experience?

Argh, that bird, spilling all my secrets! Well I spent 8 years in Germany. I went to university and finished my higher education there before starting to work in Marketing and Online Communication. I have very fond memories of my stay: all the student parties - some of which I would DJ at, some magnificent fireworks displays timed to music, or gathering on a hill in the university’s botanical garden in August to observe the summer meteor showers. That’s just to name a few.

Wow, sounds awesome! When did you start using Spotify and how did you learn about it?

I knew about Spotify for some time before actually starting to use it (it was quite popular in Germany), but I opened my personal account when I got hired here in November 2014. As a Bulgarian, I wasn’t used to the concept of streaming, as everyone had their own MP3 collection, but the convenience of just searching for a song and adding it to a playlist won me over and I could never go back after that.

You started working for the project in 2014. How did the idea to work for Spotify pop up? 

After deciding to move back to Bulgaria, I tried finding a job in my field of expertise. I got offers from a lot of big-name German companies, but the salaries they were ready to pay were way below what I was willing to work for, considering my previous experience and education. One day, I got called by a recruiting agency searching for social media consultants for a “major music streaming service”. It was a customer support position via email, and the pay was quite good, but it was the Spotify brand and what it stood for that won me over in the end.

I’m curious, do you have a favourite Spotify feature and if so, which one and why? 

I really like the personalized playlists - Discover Weekly and the Daily Mixes. One allows me to, well, discover new music, while the others are always good when I want to listen to something I know I’ll enjoy. I also like the Connect functionality, because I’m a bit of a geek and have a lot of devices I like to stream my music to. Last but not least - I think the Friend Feed is really awesome and I’ve found many gems by seeing what my friends are listening to

What do you think of podcasts? Do you have any favorites?

I actually don’t have that much time to listen to podcasts. I’m not like those people who can listen to podcasts as a side-thing, I’d like to focus more on them. I used to listen to Fest & Flauschig - a very popular, Spotify produced podcast with two famous German comedians. That one always makes me laugh out loud.

Last but not least - if you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it?

I think I’m happy with who I am and don’t want to have to deal with the whole “with great power, comes great responsibility” part of having a superpower 😄 Maybe what I’d really like to be able to do is be a better support to my team and friends.

Thanks for your time! Knowing how busy you are, we really appreciate your ongoing help, neverending enthusiasm and how outgoing you are! We’re lucky to have you 🙂 Thank you, Spotify, for bringing us together!

3 Comments
Mario

'I think I’m happy with who I am and don’t want to have to deal with the whole “with great power, comes great responsibility” part of having a superpower'

My man. Always keeping it 100% real.

itzel2

Hello

bari_styles

Cool!