Announcements

Backstage Intro - Meet Geovane!

Backstage Intro - Meet Geovane!

Yordan

backstage-pass-02.jpg

Howdy folks! 

We are happy to share that our team of Spotify Stars has recently grown bigger! Let's hear it for Geovane Bento aka @geovanebento, whom you might have already seen around in the Community, sharing music and helping users!

Welcome Geovane, we're glad to have you on board! Tell us a bit more about yourself.

Thanks! I am a Phonographic Strategist, Artistic Consultant, Master Publicist, Speaker, A&R at Lep Produções and Artistic Director of the biggest festival for independent artists in Brazil, the Festival Brasil de Todos os Ritmos.

E01JHFK2BF0-U03H1BXD22U-e3298c6a91b7-512.png

I have over 25 years of experience and have organized shows for independent artists in the 26 states of Brazil, as well as helped them get on the radio or on TV. I have already provided services to large companies in the phonographic industry such as record companies, entrepreneurs, offices, agencies of artistic representation, concert halls and city halls. In these more than 25 years, more than 11 million people circulated in the events under my coordination, such as shows, fairs, festivals and agricultural exhibitions.

Wow that's quite the resume! I think it's fair to say you love music. What's an artist / album / track that you've recently discovered and you can't stop listening to?

I recently discovered this artist called Cassiano Andrade, an amazing singer and songwriter who makes MBP (Brazilian Popular Music).

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6zpu0t9nfePmnwBBlw63xl:small

Is there a piece of music that you associate with a particular fond memory?

I'd say Era uma Vez by Kell Smith always puts me in a special mood. It's a beautiful song that makes me reflect on life.

https://open.spotify.com/track/16v1xv9QCx1kGXl6fJvTIz:small

Your current top artists from 3 different genres you jam to, go!

I adore the singer Luan Santana from the sertanejo niche. His songs are always very well arranged and are packed with beautiful melodies that get stuck into your head. Next Anitta from the Funk Brasil niche, mainly due to the fact that she understood that music is not only art but also business. The most recent one is the aforementioned Cassiano Andrade from the MPB niche for his engaging lyrics. Unfortunately here in Brazil it's common for the popular artists to release music just for the sake of it, without putting in much effort. This makes Cassiano stand out as he is very focused on composing actual hits, with beautiful music and meaningful lyrics.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3qvcCP2J0fWi0m0uQDUf6r

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7FNnA9vBm6EKceENgCGRMb

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6zpu0t9nfePmnwBBlw63xl

Aside from organizing shows yourself, do you enjoy going to shows? What's the latest concert / show you went to?

Of course! The last show I watched in person was by Cassiano Andrade. He has a very good energy and an impeccable stage performance. He manages to make the audience interact and this connection is fundamental between artist and audience.  I still have many other events attend cause of my job. I feel privileged to be able to experience the 360° of music, haha!

Haha, awesome! Okay, now that streaming has become arguably the most popular form of listening to music for its convenience and availability, do you (or would you) still buy physical music copies, such as CDs, tapes and vinyl?

I don't listen to physical disks anymore. Even working with music for over 25 years and I've experienced many formats of listening to music. But I am a person who adapts to the new and today I feel good listening to music on Spotify.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

After a long day's work, I look forward to spending time with my family. Our hobby is going out for a walk, especially to the beach. 

Do you like traveling? What's the last country you went to? Are there any countries that you haven't visited yet and you'd like to visit?

I love the United States, France and Egypt, but I haven't traveled to these places yet, but I will soon, they are already on my schedule.

How do you stay motivated? What inspires you to keep going when things get tough?

I prefer to focus on the good things. Often what I do at work helps me clear my head. That and the support of my family, of course.

Thank you Geovane for bringing us into your world‌!

If you want to see previous editions of Backstage Intro or other regular features from the Community Spotify Stars and Moderators, you can head here. If you're interested in the Spotify Star Program and would like to learn more, check out this page.

Cheers everyone!

12 Comments
geovanebento
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Huhu \o/! What an honor! Thank you so much for everyone's love, the article was amazing! 🤩

Taylith
Rising Star 3
Rising Star 3

Nice article @Yordan ✍️💛

Pleasure to learn more about you @geovanebento . You really do have quite the resume 😳❤️.

See you around.

Take care 🖤🎧

geovanebento
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Thank you guys! Glad to hear you liked the article, you guys are the best

Billy-J
Spotify Star
Spotify Star

A pleasure to know more about you @geovanebento! Also, great music selections 🙂 

geovanebento
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Thanks ! Good to know you liked it

LOBOSnoPARQUE

O maior estrategista fonografico do Brasil! Falar de Geovane Bento é Pra mim é mais que uma alegria é um encontro de caminhos, uma carreira na direção certa, com uma seta apontada para o estrelato, um cara q merece a atenção de todo artista, deixar a estratégia de uma música de um show ou até mesmo de carreira nas mãos de Geovane Bento é dormir tranquilo, profissional altamente competente e conhecedor do meio, sem sombra de dúvidas Geovane Bento é a direção certa para o sucesso, parabéns ao Spotify por prestigiar os artistas apresentando o melhor do melhor, forte abraço a todos! Tá na mente 🤯tá na alma 👻 tá no coração ❤️

LOBOS no PARQUE! Tmj.🤘🤘🤘

Luan
Spotify Star
Spotify Star

Welcome aboard again, @geovanebento! It's very nice having you with us here. Congrats on this excellent intro! 😄

geovanebento
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Valeu Luan e Lobos no parque! É bom saber que vocês curtiram 🤩

Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star

Glad to have you on board! 😄

geovanebento
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Thank you hugo!🤗

renansanchesoficial

Bento é um cara sensacional. Tem muita experiência no que faz e ajuda muito os artistas brasileiros com o conhecimento que ele tem!! Tenho certeza que vai somar muito no time do Spotify e a gente fica feliz demais com isso!! 

geovanebento
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Obrigado @renansanchesoficial_ ! Você é um artista extraordinário e me sinto honrado com o seu comentário! Forte abraço e Sucesso! 

Labels

Env: prod