Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage-pass.png

Backstage

Backstage Intro: Meet Jordy!

MichaelW

Our Community Rock Stars with the Wordsmith role can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. To find out more about the Rock Star Program click here.

Hey there, @JCdotnl (Rock Star)! Tell us something about yourself.
Hey I’m Jordy, and I live in Brunssum (some place south in the Netherlands). My life motto is always to be curious and dream big. There are so many things I want to learn, do and talk about. I’m currently doing a study focused on communication in the entertainment industry, and learning to develop skills in operation in the gaming/television industry!
From time to time I visit a festival (the benefit for living in the Netherlands)  And really enjoy meeting new people from around the world, and having a great time with my friends.
And when I’m not studying, working or visiting a festival, you can find me on Xbox Live haha.
Gaming is one of my biggest addictions, and I just love to explore fictional worlds, be immersed in epic stories or just having fun in a competitive multiplayer match.

12105959_10205144283066775_2669205186929499736_n.jpg

So, what kind of music are you into?
I really appreciate all kinds of genres, but I’m addicted to Trance. At a young age, I was introduced to the legendary beats of DJ Tiësto, his mixing style and skills were beyond this world, but as trance as a genre has development, so have I.
Nowadays I’m listening to all kinds of ‘EDM’ music, every week I’m checking the podcast of Armin van Buuren, scouting some fresh new beats. And from time to time listening to some old 90 – 00 beats, Eminem, so kind of all sort of music.

You're the first Rock Star with a Backstage Intro since RSP 2.0. What brought you to the Community?
Yes, I’m really honored to be a part of the team! It’s a few years ago that I’ve joined the Spotify community. But I think I was searching for another great community to share my love for music and Spotify. I really like talking to all the people on the community. They’re open, understanding, and we share the same interests.

Easter is over. What were your Easter tunes?
I’m currently in love with the newest album from Cosmic Gate, and it was released Friday!  I’ve waited a few weeks for the release of Wake Your Mind Sessions 002, and it really didn’t disappoint me. It’s so balanced and takes you on a journey with great deep house, techno and trance tunes.

Thanks for taking your time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?
I’m not some guy who is always trying to find the funniest joke around. So I will just insert a photo. It’s a hit of the hit comedy show ‘Arrested Development’.

Tobias.jpg

3 Comments