Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

large.png

Backstage

Backstage Intro: Meet Kayleigh!

MichaelW

large.png

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. To find out more about the Rock Star Program click here. 

Hey there, @Kayleigh (Moderator)! Tell us something about yourself.

Hey! Well, firstly as you could probably tell, I work for Spotify as Social Media/Content Associate. Other than that, I also blog in my spare time for two blogs, 8-Bit Girl and Geek Mash. I’m an avid gamer, Disney fan and lover of rock music!

Vu1GmX2m.jpg

So, what kind of rock music are you into?

I love rock music mostly. My Wrapped 2016 stats say my most popular genres are: Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop-Rock, Post-Grunge, Alternative Metal. Foo Fighters are my favourite band, followed closely by Von Hertzen Brothers, Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age and The Beatles.

What are your top three soundtracks of games?

Good question! I have several, but my top three are: Lost Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

You went to Tomb Raider Live, can you describe the feeling you got when the orchestra started to play?

Oh my god, I definitely got chills! The nostalgia was strong that night. My parents brought me up on Tomb Raider. I watched my Dad play through all the older ones (up until Angel of Darkness), and fell in love with it. Lara is such a cool character, and the games really stand the test of time. The music was brilliant, and hearing some of the classic tunes (e.g. the Tomb Raider Theme, T-Rex Battle and Venice) was brilliant! If they go on tour, I highly recommend checking it out.

Could you share an album that's definitely worth a listen?

I have a bunch of albums I absolutely love, but I always try to recommend Von Hertzen Brothers - New Day Rising. They deserve more recognition, and this album was one of my favourites of 2015. Definitely give it a listen, if rock is your jam!

spotify:album:2YNUYh1RX7I7eH01XGKaPw

Thanks for taking your time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh? 

I’m a sucker for a truly terrible “Dad Joke”, so before I head off, I’ll leave you with this one:

Q:‘What is Beethoven’s favourite fruit?

A: A ba-na-na-naaaaa!’

Click here to check out Kayleigh's Spotify account.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

8 Comments