Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage-pass.png

Backstage Intro
Meet the Stars

Backstage Intro: Meet Keanu

Elena

Backstage-pass.png

image_from_ios_720 (2).jpgHey everybody!

I hope everyone is keeping safe and doing well!

For the sunny month of June we're excited to introduce Keanu a.k.a @Keanu_C, who has been a Rock star and a valuable part of our Community since 2018.

Now, it's time we learn a bit more about the man behind the Rock star!

Hey Keanu, can you tells us a bit more about yourself?

Sure! Hi everyone my name is Keanu and I’m from Southern California.

Keanu: ''This is my favorite car and favorite color for this car. This car is a Porsche Targa 4 GTS with a paint-to-sample color called modegrau. To my knowledge, there is only 1 of these in existence.''Keanu: ''This is my favorite car and favorite color for this car. This car is a Porsche Targa 4 GTS with a paint-to-sample color called modegrau. To my knowledge, there is only 1 of these in existence.''I am a car enthusiast and a world traveler.

One thing that I love to do when I have free time is attend car meets. I grew up around supercars, so I can definitely say that my hobby is to learn and see all kinds of cars, particularly sport, super, and hypercars. Southern California was once known as the supercar capital of the world, so you can see some pretty insane cars if you walk around SoCal.

I also love to travel and I can thank my dad for that, and we have been to almost everywhere. I've been to 48 out of 50 states, been to almost every country in Europe except for seven of them which are Bosnia, Romania, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, and Moldova. I have been to six out of the seven continents and we were planning to go to Antarctica in 2021 but because of Covid-19, we are going to postpone it to either 2023 or 2024.

Wow, all of this sounds so cool! Do you have a favorite place that you have been Keanu: ''This picture was taken in Havasupai Falls in Arizona. This falls in particular is called Beaver Falls.''Keanu: ''This picture was taken in Havasupai Falls in Arizona. This falls in particular is called Beaver Falls.''to? You can give us a top 3 if it is difficult to choose.

That's hard to choose one place. So my top 3 places would have to be:

1) Interlaken, Switzerland

2) Oia, Santorini, Greece

3) Havasupai, Arizona.  

What's your Spotify playlist of choice?

Oh man... how do I choose! I bounce around playlists a lot but i can say that my go to would be my country playlist.

spotify:playlist:7aiPEhT49GKVHr1CbVO6Bz

Following up on the country playlist, would you say that this is your favorite music genre?

Oh for sure!! What is interesting is that I did not really start listening to country music until recently. Originally, I was listening to hip hop, R&B, and Indie but then I started listening to country music when I began my first year in college, which was back in 2016. Some of my friends asked me how in the world did I make a huge change from those genres to country?

Well, the reason is because of my neighbors. They are huge country music listeners and they would always have it blasting throughout the house whenever I was over, and even when I stepped outside in the backyard, I would be able to hear it. And it's kind of funny because they always said that they are trying to convert me over to country music. So, I guess because I constantly heard it, being converted and being around them is the reason why I listen to country music.

Who are your favorite country artists?

Oh man that’s a bit tough, honestly, I listen to them all because they are all great artists.

But the one artist that pops into my mind would have to be Darius Rucker.

spotify:artist:7FY5V3XMwlNBPitEjXowHQ

Darius Rucker wasn’t the first country artist I listen to, that would have to go to Eric Church, but ever since I heard Life’s Too Short I’ve always been a devoted fan and listen to all of his songs. It might sound contradictory, but overall they’re all good.

spotify:artist:2IvkS5MXK0vPGnwyJsrEyV

How did you choose your Community username?

Well, my Community name is my actual first name so I guess when I was creating my account, I didn't incorporate any creativity or thinking behind it.

Alrighty, one last question then - if you had to choose a different username now, what would it be?

It would have to be Kcblue. This is because when I was little, I played a game that Disney made for their 50th Anniversary called VMK (Virtual Magic Kingdom). I was fortunate to have a title called “born in the park” or something along the lines of that, which essentially meant that my character was created at Disneyland. What made this game so fun was that every time I went to Disneyland, there would be an in-park quest that I can do to unlock things in-game which made the gameplay special. And to this day, any game that I play, I still use the username that I made for VMK.

Thank you so much Keanu for answering our questions and for the the lovely pictures!

And thank you folks for reading! Stay tuned for the next Backstage Intro coming soon.

In the meanwhile, if you're a Star wanting an introduction, feel free to reach out to one of the Mods to let us know. We'd love to find out a bit more about you.

SSP_Logo_Brand.png

7 Comments
Soundofus

Nicely done 🙂

Jose_M

Nice to "meet" you @Keanu_C 🙂

Petya

Great job on introducing @Keanu_C to us @Elena - really enjoyed reading this 🙂

Love the part about travelling 💚 Keeping my fingers crossed for  you visiting Antarctica soon enough Keanu!

Keanu_C

Thanks @Elena for doing this! And thanks everyone for giving me such an awesome experience and opportunity to be part of the RSP.

But please vote this up so then i can claim Antarctica in the name of Spotify! 

Keanu_C

Loneliest_Cabin

Wow @Keanu_C that's an impressive travel history! I love the idea of the Spotify flag being placed in Antartica...