Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage-pass.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Mario

Xenia

Backstage-pass.png

Hey everyone, it’s time for another peek behind the curtains and today we’re happy to introduce Mario to you.

Firstly, tell us something about yourself.

Well, I'm a human. Nothing more than human (possibly quoting Sevdaliza here). But there can be so much about humans and the experiences which make them who (or what) they are. One thing about me is that I've experienced a vast diversity of situations while living on my own for a long time, and this made me very receptive towards my surroundings as well as genuinely interested in understanding people.

Quite the poetic answer. Anything else you'd like to add to that?

I'm all about making the most out of what I've got and my time to make my experience as well as that of the people surrounding me as meaningful as possible. I'm just someone who actually wishes everyone could find their good place and be happy about what they do with their life, and I'm doing what I can to make this a reality.

Backstage-intro photo.jpg

When did you start using Spotify and what's your favorite feature?

If I remember it correctly, I must have started using Spotify by the beginning of 2017. Literally, on January 1st. I remember I was so excited about it and I immediately fell in love with checking the 'Fans also like' section on my favorite artists' page since it'd allow me to discover new, related artists whose stories and life (and, of course, music!) I'd be curious about.

What kind of music are you into? 

Pretty much everything 'alternative' that I vibe with. Mainly, I'd say I've been feeling good for some time now with alternative rock as well as hip-hop and, in particular, with acoustic ballads and bass-boosted, distorted, screamed raps. I happen to have a classical music education background and I have genuinely enjoyed listening to Bach and Franz Liszt for all my life as well.

That's a very diverse mix. And is there a particular playlist you can't do without?

Yeah, the 'lofi hiphop music – beats to relax/study to' playlist since it's just the best background to be happily meditative or enjoy little precious moments in someone's company, at least from my point of view. I usually tend to hand-pick and listen to songs individually rather than in playlists, but this one is my exception confirming the rule.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0vvXsWCC9xrXsKd4FyS8kM?si=U1C9fiRpTPC9GhthXN1Fzg

Nice pick! I know you're also doing music yourself. Wanna tell us more about it?

Good call hah. It's also really nice of you to ask 🙂 I'm working on a music project with the aim of contributing to the culture and the people who (among other factors) inspired me to become who I am. I feel like I just want to give something meaningful back to them and inspire everyone else who might need the type of energy that my music provides. The music might be on Spotify soon 😉

Can't wait to hear it! Thanks @Mario for sharing a bit of your world with us and best of luck with your music project 🎶

And that’s it for today - Thanks for sticking around! Stay tuned for the next Backstage Intro coming soon.

In the meanwhile, if you're a Star wanting an introduction, feel free to reach out to one of the Mods to let us know. We'd love to find out a bit more about you!

10 Comments
Melody

Nice! Loved reading this.

Mario

Glad it was nice reading this, @Melody 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by 🙂

Jᴀᴄᴋ

Nice to "meet" you!

Mario

Hi there, @Jᴀᴄᴋ 🙂

EthanS1

Great Read!