Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

large.png

Backstage

Backstage Intro: Meet Tim!

MichaelW

Backstage-pass.png

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. To find out more about the Rock Star Program click here. 

Hey there, @timmieschaap (Rock Star)! Tell us something about yourself.

Hey! I’m Tim, 17 years old and I live in The Hague, The Netherlands. I am studying Media Management in Rotterdam and I really enjoy photography (https://www.instagram.com/phototimmie/), being outside with my dog (good combination with photography) and spending time with my family. I work at a national newspaper for the youth and as a photographer in Madurodam, a tourist attraction in The Hague.

_DSC1470.pngSo, what kind of music are you into?

Pfew, tough one. I’m able to relax to Reggae, but I like House as well.
Most of the time, I’m somewhere in between, relaxing to those summer-vibe-semi-deephouse or spending my time with the latest pop tracks. I recently went to see Bastille, which is my favorite band at the moment. I think they describe my music taste perfectly: they have a variety of songs, each with a different approach.

Please describe yourself with a song. Why did you pick this one?

Easy! "Sexy And I Know It" by LMFAO. Nah, just kidding. This is a really, really hard question. After two hours of thinking, I would choose "Lay It All On Me (feat. Ed Sheeran)" by Rudimental.

spotify:track:6splO3UF8hSmK33y5fJTNk

First of all, it’s a funky, uplifting song, that describes my overall-mood. The song is about being open to someone, and being the one they can trust and lean on. I think it’s really important to have someone in your life who is this person. I try my best to be this person for others.

Christmas is coming! Do you have favorite Christmas songs?

Yeah! This is my all-time-favorite:

spotify:track:1trEoMePpSe54vAuW4KQrv

But I like those new-fashioned ones as well:

spotify:track:5o9JHeY8e47bXCjSZOnD7b

Do you like to listen to the good old tunes every year? (like Wham!, Bruce Springsteen etc)

Yes! We’re listening to a mix of the classics combined with the newer ones. The only one I skip is John Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War is Over)", I tried to give it a chance but I just can’t listen to it. I’m sorry.

Thanks for taking your time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

You’re welcome! I don’t know a lot of jokes, they normally just happen when I’m in a conversation. I’m really into cat GIFs, if that counts?
cat fail cat fail

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

9 Comments