Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

large.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Tim

Daisy

large.png

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. To find out more about the Rock Star Program click here. 

Hey everyone, we have some exciting news for you all! We decided to bring back the good old Backstage Intros. Let's get right to it!

Hey @user-removed! Tell us something about yourself.

Hey! My name is Tim, I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I'm a single-child, the only one in my extended family. All my uncles and aunts had more than one child, then my parents were like "Yeah no." There are some times when I think it'd be nice to have a sibling, but then I remember that they can be annoying hahaha.

Where did your username come from? Is it because pugs are your favorite dogs?

Haha no. It's a spin-off of the main character in one of my favourite books, "Looking for Alaska".

So, what kind of music are you into?

A weird mix! It's a kind of fusion between acoustic, folk, a tiny bit of classical, and a very small bit of pop.

Do you have a Playlist where you have all these genres mixed together?

I actually don't right now! I mainly just use my Saved Songs, then use playlists for mood tunes: soft acoustic Korean for studying etc.

What's your favourite in-app feature?

Spotify's new Storyline feature! It's really great to get the stories behind tunes. I also like Playlist Folders, I started using Spotify in 2015 so I have a lot of Playlists and it's really good to be able to sort them.

Tell us Tim, do you have any hobbies?

Well, being a Spotify Rock Star is one! Other than that, I also develop websites, sing in a choir, and volunteer at a few different charity events. I also like to listen to my favorite playlist at the moment: 
spotify:playlist:4uZEgEqYcd3VZ4TpiEEZhA

That's pretty impressive! You're only 16, how did you get into website developing?

As part of the compulsory subjects I had to do in school I had to learn to develop websites, and while it was pretty simple, I did more and more outside of class. All of a sudden I realised that I should do it outside of school. 

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

Wanna hear a joke about Sodium Bromite? NaBrO.

Tim's twitter: @ItsPugle

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

12 Comments