Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

backstage-pass-02

Meet the Stars

Backstage Outro: Farewell Ethan

Elena

Hi folks!

Hope you've been doing well, staying hydrated and listening to good music.

Today we're coming to you with a different kind of blog in a known format. One of our Rock Stars - @EthanS1 will be leaving the program to be able to devote more time to his career (outside of the forum).  He'll be diving deeper in the music streaming field and we hope his experience on our Community has taught him some good lessons he can apply. You can take a look at this intro blog from way back when Ethan was first starting if you'd like to know him better.

And now we've come full circle - you can read our interview with some of Ethan's insights and pro tips in the program:

• Any particular reason why you decided to join the program and what kept you coming back to the forum?

I’m really not sure how I actually got roped into signing up, however I remember applying and completing some of the get to know you and checking out that you had some sort of understanding in to how Spotify works and basically checking you live and breathe Spotify! It was a pretty cool opportunity to continue learning and finding new nifty tricks on how others use Spotify whilst also giving them a hand at the same time. 

• What is the best thing that has happened to you in the program?

I’d say the best thing that has happened is the People, I’ve met some awesome people which I know won’t be too far away. The Community is full of so many talented and like-minded people who support you in furthering yourself and also discovering things you may not have even realized you are capable of doing and finding new little tricks to getting Spotify to work more to your beat.

• Are there any changes that you'd like to see in the Community for the future?

There isn’t much I would change as I think the Community is always growing and has an awesome platform and voice, and every day something that you’ve done is being shared or discovered somewhere and it’s great to know you’ve made a difference to someone looking for an answer to that question they may have been thinking about and never got that answer! 

• Do you have a fave post/thread where you've participated?

I’m extremely lucky I get the best of both worlds with some of my time spent on the @AskSpotifyStars twitter handle which is super cool as you can make people smile with great solutions. 

• Any tips for fellow Stars?

Continue asking the questions, if you are thinking about it 99% of the time either someone in the Community is thinking it or another Star! Spotify is always constantly evolving and that question on where to find something now won’t only help you but the others too! Also, check in on the rest of the Community Family; send a Hey, how are you? And check in and celebrate each other's success! You’ll never know how much of an impact that could make to someone’s day.

• What would you say to anyone that considers joining the program?

You're in for a fun rollercoaster, get ready to be brightening people’s day, sometimes you’ll have to deliver and share bad news about something, but think how could you turn this around - could you recommend a feature you use daily or help them create an idea - the possibilities are endless. Also, you’ll have an opportunity to voice your opinion, don’t forget that you’re the eyes and ears helping Spotify pivot on where to next.

• Anything else you'd like to share  

Last tip from me, note down people’s birthdays (You won’t regret it!)

Thanks you so much Ethan for your time in the program - we truly appreciate all your effort and devotion to the forum! Hope you've had a great time and we wish you all the best in your endeavors to follow.

💚💚💚

6 Comments
Katerina

Wow, that intro was from 2016, that felt like yesterday! Good luck on your future endeavors @EthanS1, you absolutely deserve the best!

Hope to see you around though, bye for now 🤗

EthanS1

Thanks team! See you all soon 💚🥲

Billy-J

I’m really going to miss you @EthanS1! Best of luck in the future and stay safe out there. Will remember you 💜

Hubo

'Til we meet again, @EthanS1! 💚

raheelkhan00k

WoW what Engage full post After many times, Appreciated. ❤️ Techleader