Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Peter's farewell blog.png

Backstage Intro

Backstage Outro: Farewell Peter!

Katerina

Hello everyone!

This month, we'll be doing a slightly different Backstage Intro to say our farewells to a fellow Community moderator leaving the team: @Peter.

Looking back at your Backstage Intro, what would you say has changed? And yeah, a valid response is having your own doggo friend 😄

amo1.jpgYes, my doggo friend is a big one (literally - all 25kgs of him

). But in terms of the Community, I had the chance to take on more responsibility over time, most recently getting to work alongside our Community Managers on a few different community development projects, including the revamp of the Chat section and the new Star Program values. But, reading back through my Intro, I’m actually more surprised by the amount of things that haven’t changed: I still feel the need to relax on the weekend and spend some time away from screens, as well as the fact that I would still bring a pen and paper if I were cast off to a desert island, although being stuck at home since March 2020 might be considered the same.

We’re sad to see you go! What was the most exciting thing about being a Moderator?

Aw 💚 I’d say that what excited me the most over the last three years was that we became more ambitious as a team as we grew, and we were able to take on new exciting projects. In the early days there wasn’t much scope to make the changes that we wanted to, but in the last year and a half we’ve looked at every aspect of the Community and how it could be better, and we’ve already made a lot of progress on many fronts. It’s so nice to leave the team knowing that there’s lots more to come for the Community, and that it’s being left in a safe collective pair of hands.

Fun fact: we were part of the original full time team of the first ever Community full time Moderators. How much have things changed since then? 

True story! Back then, we were a team of 5 Mods (now we're nearly three times that) who took a leap of faith in taking on a new role which was yet to be clearly defined. On the flipside, this gave us the opportunity to build it from the ground up and to lay a foundation for future Mods. Never would I have imagined that we would have a team of fellow Mods joining us from the other side of the world. I feel that this shifted the dynamic in a positive way and made us become even more collaborative as a team now that we’re working across multiple time zones.

What’s your favorite or funniest Community memory?

Every moment which involved us being together in some form or another is my favorite. So much of what we do is interacting with people through posts and avatars: it’s nice (essential, even) to be reminded that this community is made up of real people. Having the Community Managers come visit us was a laugh, and hanging out with the Stars over video call every month has also been a recurring highlight. And everything in between, too. It’s been a fun ride!

Stumbled upon the new office while walking around Stockholm at midnight in late-2019Stumbled upon the new office while walking around Stockholm at midnight in late-2019

Out of curiosity, are your top playlists still New Music Friday and On Repeat? How has your music taste evolved since your Backstage Intro?

Pretty much! I’m not sure if Playlist Radio counts, but it’s still to this day one of the features I use the most. In terms of what I listen to, not much has changed. My CD collection has definitely grown, but I still haven’t got around to fixing the faulty speaker in my car that can’t handle the ridiculous basslines on Billie Eilish’s debut album. I feel I’ve diversified my podcast intake to include several other interview and talk shows, including Armchair Expert (which recently became exclusive to Spotify!) and Phone a Friend (featuring George Ezra). It’s been nice to have their familiar friendly voices keep me company during these recent times of relative isolation.

Before we go, we wanted to know, what your desert island track would be 😄 , or can you tell us a joke using the tracks’ names in a playlist?

Tell you what, I’ve been putting together a goodbye playlist which I wanted to share. However, rather than making a soppy tearjerker of a playlist (think “See You Again” and “Goodbye My Lover”), I thought I’d make one with a more fun, uplifting, on-the-road feel. 1000 nights is roughly three years, which is (roughly) the duration of Ed Sheeran’s record-breaking Divide Tour, and it’s also (roughly) the amount of time I spent working as a Community Moderator for Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4pWmoUi7o1exZolJhaYwQ8

Well, with this uplifting note, join us in saying farewell to Peter! May your path be full of pasta and fun GIFs and hope to still see you around the boards 👋

And, we'll see you all next month with a brand new Backstage Intro edition.

3 Comments
MattSuda

Goodbye Peter

We're really going to miss you! Thanks for everything you've done 💚

Good luck on your future journey!

Hubo

Aww, only just saw this now! We're going to miss you Peter (and the photos of your lovely doggo)! 💚

Jonibaig78

Woo, Your re doing really a great Job Nice work done, Really Appreciated your efforts Great