Big Welcome to Marantz and Denon devices :)

Rocio
Spotify Legend

Hello folks,

Good news! You can now provide your living room with millions of songs for your listening pleasure, with Denon, Marantz and Spotify. 

Marantz and Spotify:

Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 10.45.43 AM.png

With your Marantz, a world-renowned leader in advanced audio technologies, you can now enjoy nearly unlimited high-quality listening pleasure through some of their selected home cinema receivers that now support Spotify.

After applying a small firmware update via Internet, you will be able to use your Marantz device to enjoy a personal music listening experience of all the music you would like to explore on our service.

More info here (EU) or here (USA)

Denon and Spotify:

Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 10.49.19 AM.png

Denon, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment products, will provide direct access to our vast music library via selected home cinema receivers. You can control Spotify through Denon’s graphical user interface or through the Denon Remote App.

With just a small firmware update via Internet, you can open up a new horizon of high-quality listening pleasure on your Denon AV receiver.

More info here (EU) or here (USA).

Enjoy!

😉

6 Comments
Tiger97
Casual Listener

Does the Spotify app use the Marantz GUI displayed on the TV screen?  And will a similar app be available for Yamaha AV receivers?

javierale
Casual Listener

I've heard that Spotify support for Yamaha AV Receivers and for Classe CP-800 preamp are inminent.

Do you have a release date for them?

Peter__
Community Legend

@javierale wrote:

I've heard that Spotify support for Yamaha AV Receivers and for Classe CP-800 preamp are inminent.

I don't believe Spotify is supported on any Yamaha receivers, do you have a link to where you heard this (I could be wrong!)?

Peter

javierale
Casual Listener

@Peter wrote:

@javierale wrote:

I don't believe Spotify is supported on any Yamaha receivers, do you have a link to where you heard this (I could be wrong!)?

Peter

This is the information I got from Geir Gråbein Nordby from Norway:

Hi! Yamaha has told me Spotify will be available. However, it has been delayed more than once. The thing is that Spotify is working out a new app that will integrate more easily with different equipment. It isn't finished yet, which means that until it is finished, no products that doesn't already have Spotify integrated will get it. Yamaha is among the manufacturers who have to wait in line to get Spotify. Only the ones that had Spotify before will have it now. The last I heard, the Spotlify generic app will be available in August. But I cannot tell for sure, since it has been promised before. What I do know, is that once Spotify has its app ready, Yamaha will get it. At least, that's what the Norwegian distributor tells me.

Peter__
Community Legend

Having a dig through the blog archives, I can't find any mention of this feature existing so it might be "in the pipeline" (who knows) but currently I haven't seen/heard anything which would point to an upcoming release on the community. 

Peter

39tiro

I'm very impressed with the sound quality I'm getting thru the internet-connected Marantz using Spotify Premium - the sound is noticeably better than being filtered thru the PC.

The only downside is the non-GUI search feature and the lack of a browse feature.

My work-around is to find the track(s) I want via the PC, save / follow the tracks and then I can link to them via the playlist on the Marantz drop down display - it's worth the hassle for the better sound quality, as stated.

And having said that, the Marantz can be controlled from the PC, so it's not too awkward.

marantz spotify.jpg
Labels