Changes to your Starred Playlist

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Staff announcements.jpg

Hey there, Spotify staff here. 

We want to give you all heads up about three small changes to your Starred Playlist that you'll see soon.

starred playlist .png

- The Starred playlist will have playlist mosaic cover art just like any other playlist (not the star icon). Now the album art of the first four tracks in your Starred playlist will be in the cover.

- The Starred playlist won't be pinned to the top of your playlists. Now you can move it up and down the list to wherever you'd like.

If you've got any questions for us please post them here. 

Thanks everyone

31 Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Great news, I can rename it and move the playlist where I want to now, woohoo. Any idea when this will start to be rolled out @meahtenoha

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi Meredith.

Please add ability to simple remove it!!!

There is whole nation supporting this!!! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Remove-Starred-playlist-not-useful-anymore/idc-p/1212747

Thank you so much!

japnl
Regular

When will I be able to make it public again?

gbgrz

I just created a new account to add to my family but it doesn't have a Starred Playlist by default like it has with past accounts I have created. Is this normal? Do you have to create a starred playlist on new brand new accounts?

user-removed
Not applicable

My useless Starred playlist disappeared today. Thank you so much Spotify!

Sieppaa.PNG

Bmoney
I factory reset my phone and now my starred playlist has disappeared!!! This is horrifying, please help!!
Forewerton2
Casual Listener

I'm not able to find my starred playlist either in the iPad and Android app! 

Where is has gone!?

chrispy92

Hi,

I've also lost my Starred playlist but only on my Mac. On my phone it's still showing though, could someone take a look?

Many thanks,

EDIT: Nvm, went to https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/recover-playlists/

rosey678

My starred playlists still there on the web player, but it's gone from mobile and so are all the songs I put there! Can someone help me?

user-removed
Not applicable

I think the official statement is a big lie. In my case, the starred playlist is till availble on web player, but on devices apps it is simply gone, not renamed, nor relocated, just gone, so I can not hear my starred songs, which are not the same as the ones saved.

Who the heck was behind this change? Why changing something that just worked?

Besides player is always buggy bumpy and buffer is not working good... I think the payment is coming to an end

cp330
Casual Listener

So where can i find my starred playlist? It disappeared completely from both the PC and android interface.

I have used the starred function for saving most of the tracks i listen to, so this has completely ruined my Spotify use.

chrispy92
danopkt

@chrispy92 I was just frantically searching for my Starred playlist and stumbled across this post - thanks for the tip! I don't know how it would have gotten deleted, but it was in there and I was able to get it restored without issue.

cp330
Casual Listener
That did it, thanks a bunch!

samuelf259

yeah i used to use the stared playlist and im very upset that i dont have it anymore. all the song i had on there were lost because i used it as a playlist with song i didnt already have a playlist too. i found it convienent.

samuelf259

i have tried the recover playlst page and the starred playlist was not listed

kjerstibjorn

is it able to make a totally new starred list?

zaldar

Please allow me to star songs again!!!  Why this function was removed I do not understand.

TidalHereICome

WHY WHY WHY do you NOT have a "starred" (favorites) playlist.  I wanted to like Spotify.  I just recently signed up as a premium member but not having this feature is a dealbreaker.  For the life of me I cannot figure out why the developers chose to REMOVE this feature.  It makes the app essentially useless to me.  Back to Tidal I go (which I love by the way) - Sad...... I wanted to love Spotify

kitsunicorn

I can't add or remove any songs from my starred playlist? I can stil edit my other playlists, so it seems like this is only happening with my starred??

Blog Dashboard
Labels