Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-red.png

December 2019 Ideas Review

Katerina

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms][Playlists] Switch on/off crossfade in certain playlists

As mentioned in many of the recent comments, you can now head to Settings and turn off 'Automix'.

CASE CLOSED:

2. [Music] Ability to block certain Genres 

3. [All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album 

4. [Desktop] Select default Sound Device 

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

5. [Country] Spotify in Bangladesh 

6. [All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio 

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:7421xxexxkGz1bt49EJ056 

43 Comments
ethanmarston23
RaccoonSama

While Spotify is missing tons of features on mobile and the desktop apps, we need to talk about the Web Player. It sucks. You can't even enable Private Listening. I still wish I could leave Private Listening on until I turn it off myself. The description in the mobile app used to tell you it was only enabled for a few hours but not anymore. The Spotify Web Player SHOULD be sharing code with the desktop apps. If not, y'all are doing something very wrong. 

apart from the web player, the regressions all over spotify are infuriating. I see why people use Deezer over Spotify. Older versions of the Spotify app have more features than the latest version lol

It's atrocious that Spotify doesn't listen to its users and not even paying users at that. 

joker14

im new

destino152

Hi there.

I use spotify on a number of devices and frequently switch via the desktop app to my home stereo.  This process works well. However the volume settings seem very random.

Invariably the volume setting when the stereo is selected is set very high even if the setting when I was listening on the desktop was quite low.  As a result the volume level when it switches to the stereo runs the risk of damaging the speakers.  It would be a great idea in my view if when a new output device is selected that the volume is automatically set to a low level which can then be adjusted to suit the circumstances.

Kitakitten

Hey I have a suggestion, how about you guys take like 5 minutes to make your platform more secure? It's 2020 and there is STILL NO 2FA. I am having to change my password and log people out DAILY because no matter how many times I change it to a randomly generated string of numbers letters and symbols, I still get daily logins from russia, indonesia, and germany. Your security is an absolute joke and you want me to give you jokers my credit card for premium?? It is absolutely asinine that you people haven't tried ANYTHING to address this.