Announcements

Everyday life activities you can’t imagine without Spotify

Ivan

Many people use the app in the gym/working out outside or while driving. Others take their waterproof speaker in the bathroom or check a Wellness playlist before practicing their daily meditation. 

How about your own daily activities you can’t do without Spotify? And what features do you prefer when performing them?  

Here are some examples of mine I’d mention when talking about such activities:

Doing chores or cleaning up

Unless I’m using the vacuum, I love to put some background sound while neating up at home. My choice might vary from music through podcasts to nature sounds, depending on how much I want to engage my listening attention. In any case housework could be boring without music. 

spotify:track:7aZQxpvaYihFp6Edwp7NMy:small 

Taking a shower with ambient playlists

I used to do this as a kid by taking the boombox to the bathroom but luckily now we live in the future so this is no longer necessary. I can take my phone or speaker with me while taking a shower and listen to some space ambient noises or nature sounds playlists.  

spotify:track:2vOE9PLXx3MTPy5E0dxPor:small  

Salt room with audio books

I recently discovered the wonder of salt rooms and started visiting one in my neighborhood regularly. Initially, I was bringing a paper book in but time and experience showed me that this is a bit inconvenient when every object in the room gets covered in tiny salt flakes. So I switched to my phone where I can either read a book in a reader app or listen to audiobooks on Spotify. My most recent picks are The Hunger Games and Percy Jackson in German. 

spotify:album:3stDyFdt7QnPF6uWTZDQOi:small 

Hosting a home party 

I have created some custom playlists with songs liked by me and friends. We use them for parties when it happens that I host at my place. The Spotify Radio is also a favorite option of mine for parties, but always with Autoplay on.   

spotify:track:3eSkjPOXgxohZGh1MZg7E5:small 

On the street ignoring city noises

If I have to do something that requires walking some distance in the city, like going to a yoga class or the salt room, I’d always put my earbuds in to ignore the city noises. Now it depends on which part of the day this is happening as this could influence my playlist choice, but I’ve downloaded a decent variety of playlists and albums allowing me to choose from a wide range. 

spotify:track:4w9fUMT36IzWsiXnv3ijdn:small 

Can you also name some activities that you can’t think of doing without Spotify? Let me know! 

And a small present from me, my favorite “bathroom” track:

spotify:track:0I0pxHXg4zWUgoyJZ5Qt93 

5 Comments
MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

For me I can't do the following without Spotify:

• Shower: I can't shower without some good music to jam to. I have a bluetooth speaker in the shower that can connect to my computer or iPhone
  • Sleeping: I can't sleep without having music playing in my room from Spotify
  • Driving in car: Can't go anywhere without having Spotify playing music in the car
  • On the computer: Can't really focus on anything without some good tunes from Spotify. I'm on the computer a lot and so whenever I am using the computer I have music playing.
  • Chores: Don't always have music on all the time while doing chores but when I do it helps get through the difficult tasks
  • Walking: I don't go for a walk as often as I would like but when I do I have Spotify playing

I have Spotify playing whenever possible all day long

Jghoward1
Visitor

I need music on when I’m studying, in the background, and usually ambient stuff.  I came across a playlist last year called ‘Yoga Feels’ and there’s some pretty cool things in it. 

I can’t drive without music on in the car and it empowers me. Yeh I sometimes drive a bit faster (but within the speed limit!) and it feels good!

There’s one song though that saves me whenever I lose my balance about losing my dad a few years ago and I can honestly say it helps me grieve. 

all in all I can live without tv, radio but never music. Ever. 

Bouncebird
Casual Listener

Driving with the speakers up. This is my get happy time, thanks to spotify. I'll try a Daily Mix, Release Radar on Friday, a newly downloaded album or one of my lists. Hear some staples or catch some fresh tracks. I am devoted to the Spotify hip hop religion. 

CAGB7311

False statement, Spotify is life

OLABOSS

OLABOSS is a well-known music artist who makes HIP-HOP, RNB, POP Music Pieces. He has to make many music pieces that are virally on the internet. https://unitedmasters.com/olaboss

Blog Dashboard
Labels