Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

new-music-blog.png

Albums
alternative
New Music Friday

February 16, 2018 : new albums worth a listen

Soundofus

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog

February 2018 - New Album Releases

New Music Friday : February 16, 2018

CAR SEAT HEADREST SUPERCHUNK
Twin Fantasy What a Time to Be Alive
Origin : Leesburg, Virginia, USA Origin : Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Genre : Indie Rock Genre : Indie Rock, Punk Rock
==> Eleventh studio album by the American band formed in 2010. It's a brilliant and complete re-recording and reworking of the band's sixth studio album Twin Fantasy. ==> Eleventh studio album by the American band formed in 1989. Members Mac McCaughan (guitar and vocals) and Laura Ballance (bass), are also founders of the label Merge Records, based in Durham, North Carolina.

ENDLESS HEIGHTS U.S. GIRLS
Vicious Pleasure In a Poem Unlimited
Origin : Sydney, Australia Origin : Toronto, Canada
Genre : Melodic Hardcore, Post hardcore Genre : Experimental Pop, Art Pop

==> Second studio album by the Australian band formed in 2009 and consisting of vocalist Joel Martorana, bassist Matt Jones, guitarist/vocalist Jiem Sow, drummer Julian Diaz and guitarist Christian Hrdina.

==> Eighth studio album by U.S Girls, recording moniker of American-Canadian musician Meghan Remy who moved to Canada after marrying Canadian musician Max "Slim Twig" Turnbull.

SHANNON AND THE CLAMS POLIÇA, STARGAZE
Onion Music For the Long Emergency
Origin : Oakland, California, USA Origin : Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Genre : Garage Rock, Garage Punk, Surf Rock Genre : Synthpop, Indietronica, Trip Hop

==> Sixth studio album by the American band formed in 2009 and led by Shannon Shaw, who sings and plays bass. She is also member of the queercore punk outfit Hunx and His Punx.

==> Fourth studio album by the American band, through Transgressive Records. They Teamed up with Berlin-based orchestral collective s t a r g a z e, to develop this new album.

POP EVIL BALL PARK MUSIC
Pop Evil Good Mood
Origin : Muskegon, Michigan, USA Origin : Brisbane, Australia
Genre : Hard Rock, Alternative Metal Genre : Indie Rock

==> Sixth studio album by the American rock band formed in 2001 by Leigh Kakaty from pieces of other Michigan bands. This new self-titled recording has been released through label eOne Music.

==> Fifth studio album by the Australian band formed in 2008 and consisting of frontman Sam Cromack (guitar/vocals), Jennifer Boyce (bass/backing vocals), Paul Furness (keys/trombone), and twins Dean Hanson (guitar/backing vocals) and Daniel Hanson (drums/backing vocals). They all met while they were studying music together at the Queensland University of Technology.

LOMA BRANDI CARLILE
Loma By The Way, I Forgive You
Origin : Dripping Springs, Texas, USA Origin : Ravensdale, Washington, USA
Genre : Alternative Pop, Baroque Pop Genre : Folk Rock, Americana

==> "Loma's enigmatic debut feels beautifully adrift in time and space. It's an album that takes you to a place you've never been, with a rare confidence in the strength of its own vision." (bandcamp)

==> Ninth studio album by the Grammy-nominated American singer-songwriter, active since 2004. She said of her style, "I've gone through all sorts of vocal phases, from pop to blues to R&B, but no matter what I do, I just can't get the country and western out of my voice." (Wikipedia)

4 Comments