Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In_our_headphones-blue (1).png

In Our Headphones: August 2020

Mihail

In_our_headphones-blue (1).png

Hey folks,

With August drawing to a close, it's time to share with you the tracks that accompanied us this summer (be it in the office or on vacation) in this months edition of In Our Headphones. 

As always the Moderator teams selection covers a wide range of genres and vibes, from old time favorites to new releases that reached us via some of our favorite features of the Spotify app like Discover Weekly and Release Radar.  So without further ado let's jump right in!

@Katerina shared with us that "August has been the month of spot-on Autoplay recommendations!". Her song list for this edition of the blog starts with the rhythmic track of Sean Paul and Ellie Goulding "Bad Love" , a throwback to the summer hits of 2018 that sounds just as hot today as the first time we heard it:

spotify:track:5OaRqgnamUsa99HzxSTdDv

Next up is the electro-synth vibe of SG Lewis and Ruel's steamy vocals in "Flames":

spotify:track:4JiuLIWKkLH2iluzOhXh5Y

She pulled out of the bag of musical goodies also this song, which i found really inspiring. The slow vibe, thoughtful lyrics and an incredibly melodic voice of the artist just fit perfectly together and gave me an energy boost stronger than my usual afternoon coffee. I'm sure many of you will feel the same and we'll listen to this track more than a few times over the following days:

spotify:track:4yl3k557dZRRQj0P9GWP55

Next up is @Ivan. His track of the month is "Why didn't you call me" by Macy Gray, I'm sure we all appreciate that colorful funk and soul feeling that just helps you lay back, relax and wave all your troubles goodbye. He had this to share with us on his choice: 

"My most favorite track from an album that doesn't need to be introduced - On How Life Is by Macy Gray released 1999. I used to listen to her music when I was a teenager and I always thought this track was better than the top hit  I Try. Macy's voice can sound kinda scary sometimes, but that's when you need to start listening to the lyrics. You'll see she's actually pretty cute."

spotify:track:25IRNTDODWIAKuLMFuacUb

@Elena's selection is from all over the place this month, when you give it a listen I'm sure you'll agree. This is what she had to say about it:

"When I was done choosing my songs for this month I realized that all songs are super different from one another. It seems like July was a whimsical mishmash of all music styles I enjoy staring from a poppy sound and ending all the way at some deathcore growls. Also shout out to @Peter for recommending Hayley's new album!"

spotify:track:48pL4zB6KXWPvd7Ln33ENy
spotify:track:2ZNu55CIrGd8psBWZmw8WY
spotify:track:2l6oF0NrMAwRrOe2HjWmdp

The next song is one of @Xenia's  favorites of the month. She describes it as your typical moving on song
 for those moments in life, when that's just about the only thing you can do. When you hear its emotional charge I'm sure you'll agree and reminisce on those low points in life that challenge you, only so you can grow stronger afterwards.

spotify:track:1ZQaPOf4xHmSQKtwIiOGsE

She shared the second song on her list with us because she loved the accompanying guitar melody throughout the entire track and the hushed tone. 

spotify:track:2LAs8ikwqxNmAIn2F5qPEr

She shared this regarding her last song -  "I've been replaying this track a lot, but still don't get what exactly it is about. I do love the eerie and mysterious sound though - it's very mesmerizing." Just goes to show what all we, music lovers here already know- to really appreciate art you have to feel it, not necessarily understand it.  

As to my tunes of the month - the first pick is in my opinion one of the best tracks of the soundtrack of Red Dead Redemption 2. I found some time to play the game (again) this month and every time I hear it I'm impressed how much it fits to the rough rugged vibe of the Wild West and how much it contributes to the way the story is told.

spotify:track:71tjUqsaiFFKWpn8xhoPWh

Next up is one of my favorite songs of Joey Bada$$ . I got reminded of it at a birthday party I went to and ever since I just can't get enough of the killer beat, but hey I'm like that with everything DJ Premier puts out. 

spotify:track:23bOfmnZiN42pB1frXNyak

I also decided to include a track by Bugzy Malone I find really uplifting, even though the thoughtful and witty lyrics tell kind of a sad story. Not to mention that the hook by Rag'n'Bone Man keeps ringing in my ears long after the song has ended and gets me... well hooked.

spotify:track:1e6y20DzpftrGToH2H3OYN

To top things off,  @Emil had a song that made a great impression on him this month and definitely wanted to share with all of us.

"Can you feel the funk? Having released their album last year, I regret every minute passed that I didn't know about it. Finally finding about the Black Pumas from a friend musician of mine who kept playing them during a road trip, I immediately thought there's something special about them. This track stands out for me because of the strong, emotional lyrics and the immensely catchy 4 beats percussion, mirrored by 5 beats of xylophone. Combine this with the sudden spike during the refrain where you also get to experience Burton's full voice range and you get a track that, in my humble opinion, is nothing short of unique. Check their singles out too!"

spotify:track:4bNer4Cz6chRVexe3Z8hJv

You can find everything that made it on our list this month here:

spotify:playlist:6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb

Happy listening and see ya'll next month!

2 Comments
Katerina

That was very nicely presented @Mihail, I know what I'll be listening to today 😄

The1Gee

Nice to get a detailed perspective into the emotion of a playlist.