In Our Headphones: December 2019

In_our_headphones-green.png

Hello everyone!

It’s the time of the month when we look back at the songs featuring In Our Headphones here at the office. While we usually highlight tracks from the past month, this time as a bonus, we thought to include some more decade-centered tracks for retrospect, with the end of the decade fast approaching.

This December, we listened to a lot of different tunes:

@Emil's monthly pick brings him nostalgic feelings of someone in his Friend Feed and the realization that no matter what we do, some things are outside of our control and que sera, sera:

spotify:track:0lnfcWRREvnGtXPP2ZDeq7 

@Melody was quite taken with the following track as her little one dances himself almost out of his highchair whenever it was on:

spotify:track:6NaRzSvVxqv2DC2eg039gB

For @Allison_L , who just picked up roller blading, her top genre in 2019 was Dance Pop - all these songs make her happy and help her find her groove on 8 wheels:

spotify:track:0QeI79sp1vS8L3JgpEO7mD 

spotify:track:6Xk5AaN4n4SnW71473GI7A 

@Katerina's monthly favorite resonated with her because of the haunting melody and the lyrics “When you think back on your life…And you look back over the course of your lifetime...It's gonna be I wish I spent more time with the people I love

spotify:track:10KQrsptNFQ0rwr7rHYjeu

As for the past decade, the tracks that we had in our headphones were as varied as ourselves:

For @Mario, the following track he first discovered in 2018 - it gave him the right vibe, lyrics and overall perspective to proceed on a year full of constant self-questioning and to actually help him find some answers:

spotify:track:0VVayn6rXlPniCphi4S17B

@Petya's pick has been hyping her up whenever she needs to be in a good mood or during exercising, or at home. "I fell in love with it from the moment I heard it. Brings back memories from when I was a seasonal worker in Ibiza. That's the type of song that would be played at beach bars or the famous party hotel Ushuaïa."

spotify:track:4q8PHoRsPUB52LFylX8Ulz

Those are only some of our top picks - for the full list check out the In Our Headphones updated playlist:

spotify:playlist:6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb 

We hope you’ve enjoyed this installment of In Our Headphones! We'd love to see your favorite tunes of the month or decade below 🙂

Until next time,

Happy Holidays!

3 Comments

Lovely post, @Katerina

Feeling deeply inspired by the lyrics of your decade-centred song 🙂 

Visitor

Thank you for the amazing info you share with us!
Amazing Post, Thank you for sharing this post really this is awesome and very useful.
Thank you

< moderator edit - edited for security >

Visitor

Amazing post. Thank you

Labels