In Our Headphones: July 2020

In_our_headphones-green.png

Hey all! 

While July is ending, we'd like to put something here to remember it by 🙂 And what better way to describe how July was for each one of us, than with a favorite song or two!

One track that played in @Ivan's headphones over and over again was Jalisco from Babeheaven"I found this track some time ago listening to the Dreampop playlist on Spotify. I loved it immediately because of the ethereal vocals and the steady beat on the background."

spotify:track:7jqM0p5mYWqgwwVjdmWD8W

@Emil tunes in with the track Heat Waves from Glass Animals. He enthusiastically tells us how he came across this one - "I've got introduced to Glass Animals via a very interesting person around 4 years ago. Since then, they've been a go-to sound I can play among all sorts of situations - parties with a lot of people, hikes in the nature, casual gatherings and a lot more. Their sound can somehow be liked by people with all sorts of music tastes and preferences. They're definitely on my bucket list of artists to see live!" 

I don't know about you but by the way he introduced it, I definitely wanna hear that song 
🎵

spotify:track:6CDzDgIUqeDY5g8ujExx2f

Next on our list is @Xenia. She confessed that she's "been binge watching one series after another, so my choices for this month all come from soundtracks". 

spotify:track:25azthmJNxjY6eDRQTx1U4

spotify:track:7jJTRLLwHQsHtBBYCCmqQR

spotify:track:1DAuvUaLHsj1mWzq89UkrI

After the soundtrack wave of songs, it's time for Russian music added by @Elena. Here's what she shares - "With Spotify launching in Russia I made all my choices Russian songs to celebrate. Russian rap and pop is pretty much all I listen to on daily basis and the last month hasn't been an exception."

spotify:track:0H3psucTJQLU4sS6wVU1dg

spotify:track:0kvUr4Qdzx0rA2FHrXzEOX

spotify:track:7dKiNStdWrS78TqDVBNBdv

Then we have one of our new mods - @Alex who shares 3 of his on-repeat-songs for this month. Here's what he has to say about them: 

"Dub Libitum - No money no fame - Amazing breath of fresh air in these hard times. It made my day the first time I heard it a few months ago and I just can't stop listening to it. Share the love!"

spotify:track:49sJ6TOKZORIrpa3yzv1ZJ

"Clio - Deja Venise - Super cute little song."

spotify:track:4xPi4Frqv6FHxbiAERL53r

"Hayley Kyoko - This side of paradise - The perfect track to jam to on those golden summer roadtrips."

spotify:track:7i1WcWycZthlbU1nBKMWQx

After Alex come Vyara's musical additions:

spotify:track:19LiotxKSVs7FeVMEdHz63

"This year Eurovision didn't happen. But that doesn't mean that we can't enjoy the bobs from this year. This song is in a typical Eurovision style-epic."

spotify:track:25eL7ZkT8ZQTLox8V0vgSd

"This one is no surprise. It fits perfectly my mood for the summer."

And last but definitely not least is our 3rd new addition to the moderators' team - @Mihail. Here's his music contribution:  

spotify:track:4wOV6NFBGsahcfQuGCbsUv

"One of the songs I keep repeating, as this month I happen to be on a UK Hip Hop vibe. It has a positive message and killer beat & vocals that just go hand in hand with the warm, sunny days meant for relaxing and enjoying life."

And, before you go, here's our playlist for July - enjoy! See you in August 🏖

spotify:playlist:6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb

6 Comments

Great work on this one @Petya 🙌

Yay! we have another Eurovision enthusiast in our midst 💚

Thanks, @Elena - much appreciated 😊 🙏💚

@Xenia, we sure do! 😁

Composer

Interesting list! 

Regular

Good job on the post just nothing I was feeling right now. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for all the tips! I used to be in a monthly record club where you got a 'surprise' album. Glass Animals was one of them, love that band @Emil. They're on tour with the new album! 

Labels