In Our Headphones: July/August 2019

In_our_headphones-green.png

Hey folks,

Happy September! In Our Headphones was away on a short summer break, but rest assured that we kept our headphones firmly on throughout July and August. We’re as eager as ever to share what’s been in them with our beloved Community, so let's get right into it :)

First off, @Daisy's picks contain a mixture of the new and the nostalgic. Regarding the former, she says: “I'm a pretty big fan of Lady Antebellum and somehow I only found out about this song a few weeks ago. Kinda weird, since I know almost all of their songs. I've been listening to this on repeat because I like it so much.” As for the latter, it’s “an oldie that I used to listen to, kinda forgot about it but somehow it found its way back into my headphones.”

spotify:track:1kqVSbwdlNKsPGv0aehcAZ

spotify:track:2PsQ1X4jCSwfiyCHg4Brr1

Meanwhile, largely unfazed by the seismic shockwaves that the (pre-)release of Taylor Swift’s new album has caused throughout the summer, @Peter has been quietly jamming to a few (relatively speaking) lower-key pop acts. Worth a special mention in his eyes(/ears) are catchy new singles from Charlie Puth, Lauv (feat. Anne-Marie) and Sam Smith, who finds a whole new level of confidence in his self-expression through dance in the music video. The song on its own is well worth a listen, not least for the drop at 1:20:

spotify:track:6b2RcmUt1g9N9mQ3CbjX2Y:small

@Shanta, who along with @Katerina was at this year’s Rock Star Jam, grew up listening to all kinds of rock and indie, but has been a hip-hop junkie for a solid few years. “My music taste is flowing into a weird mix of it all nowadays; alternative RnB has become food for my soul.” She’s also a sucker for a good beat and, in her words, “MAMI by Cherrie is the finest RnB straight outta Stockholm - check it out, you won’t regret it”:

spotify:track:5gHS65mkcZp3tpFQDZPZVZ

And finally, @Katerina wants to give a shout-out to @Jemi for this track from June’s edition of In Our Headphones, which she says is “stuck on repeat in my head” and which, with its “moody orchestral tune”, is a truly excellent pick - if she does say so herself:

spotify:track:3RiQYb62kdgnLEcfN6sEmO

And that’s a wrap! You can check out the playlist in its entirety below:

spotify:playlist:6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb

See you in the Autumn! In the meantime, stay awesome ;)

4 Comments

This is great! Thanks @Peter 🎉

nathanjacobs
Roadie

What Do you guys think of my latest album 1980s Euphoria

whybreeze
Casual Listener

Good afternoon my name is Why Breeze? and I am trying to contact almost everyone in the spotify community to commucate with. I'm new to thius site and just released some music independently via spoitify, tidal, apple etc. So with that being said I would like to ask if you would be kind enough to add my song "Make It A Party" to one of your playlist on here spotify, apple music, or tidal if it isn't to much to ask. It's a great upbeat hip hop song about having a good time in the club, or any gathering and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Lastly if theres anything I could help out just ask if you'd like to communicate with me more often I'm open for that too thank in advance and thank you for reading have a bless day.

its_formula
Visitor

@Daisy great picks! Good mix of classics and new hits - I'm a fan!

Labels