Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOH 1.png

In Our Headphones

In Our Headphones: November 2021

Xenia

IOH 1.png

Hey all,

It’s that time of the year again when listening to your tunes through a nice big pair of headphones has the added bonus of keeping your ears warm 🎧

Let’s look back on what our headphones were filled with this November:

This month @Kiril was exploring new styles and chose tracks from genres that were completely new to him 🔍

spotify:track:0xFSQCZu1J1YwE8O7mdzCZ

Here we have an instrumental track from the dub genre, which is considered a predecessor of modern electronic music, as the remixing and dubbing techniques originated from there. For Kiril it’s also “the electronic representative in reggae, as it lacks vocals and remixes instrumentals in a completely different way, as seen by the sound engineer.”

Continuing with a song that @Mario’s been listening to a lot lately: IVOXYGEN's very distinguishable, ethereally soothing vocals and words actually put me in a chilled, mindful place inside myself; I'm also still trying to figure out if the guitar in the instrumental is a famous sample or simply a very catchy melody courtesy of the producer; anyways, highly recommend this song for these cold winter evenings and nights if you'd like to find some warmth in your heart ❤️

spotify:track:3ZmVB2Nxeuaj2n97spf8EN

@Jeremy picked a song originally by ‘French Montana’ and ‘Swae Lee’ of which Zhavia Word gave a stunning performance on a talent show: “She came and she concurred with her uniqueness and talent. I definitely prefer this version even though I love the original one.”

spotify:track:4jAity3zdhAMTL3gy6cLGx

Next up, we have @Alex who heard this song in a shop just a few days ago, shazamed it and can't stop listening to it ever since - “The song is just LOL hilarious.”

spotify:track:0Kdj7nwaYQmvhxnqZaIQuW

In his own words, @Mihail’s selection of songs for this month is from all over the place: “It starts with some fast-paced old school hip-hop to get the rhythm going but then switches to a country song I got recommended in my Discover Weekly a while back. I really like the witty lyrics and the way a whole story gets told. I never listened too much to Townes Van Zandt but when I have time I could do some digging to see if I can find other songs I may like. Last, but not least I'd recommend Let Me Ride for that awesome jazzy/rocky vibe to kick back and relax.”

spotify:track:2QBlIsDMYoHcANWylV74Oj

spotify:track:7o26b8BlWibCvxssItnOat

spotify:track:7jr86TxRcwz7pPzxLcnlCO

Meanwhile, @Katerina’s been enjoying her recommendations from Spotify: “Sometimes the app knows my moods better than myself - I got some really dance-y pop-y tracks suggested and I'm loving them.”

spotify:track:7Ja0vaZjTrVe02adWWaCz1

spotify:track:6TjhwEmv4spicMLFm29xun

spotify:track:0KdNhAWiXrInXibUVbaQrG

@Ver stumbled upon her entry for this month as she “was checking the artist's page while being in one of those moods when you just want to listen to The Weekend.” 

spotify:track:2gpWyfu7eZ01zzncHpxOtA

For @Emil the more melancholic version of ICH, AM STRAND “proves that the old-school punk-rockers from Die Ärzte have not lost their touch even after 35 years of making music and they have a lot more to deliver. The made-up autobiographical song is very simple in its concept, but somehow manages to be thought provoking, emotional, funny and tear-jerking at the same time. Looking forward to 30 more years.”

spotify:track:6ubnjtNuf10mYhdaY9dcoY

And from me, another German song that takes me back to various moments in life that seemed insignificant at the time but ultimately led me to where I am now and just as the title of this song, I’m wondering ‘what if’ 🤔

spotify:track:7wRJIX7VZ08ADBtetLreIm

Thanks for reading 💚 If you want to hear the full playlist - here it is

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb?si=41f3b381e0c64165 

7 Comments
Katerina

@Ver yesss for https://open.spotify.com/track/2gpWyfu7eZ01zzncHpxOtA 

Such an amazing track!

Peter

Eclectic as ever 🤘💚

Xenia

Much appreciated @Peter 💚 

arasanaranadaio

Waiting for that.....IReally Appreciated Thanks for this!