Announcements

In Our Headphones: October 2020

In_our_headphones-blue (1).png

Hey everyone!

Hope you’re doing well and are somewhere cozy with a nice cup of tea. October is the perfect time of the year for wearing the fluffiest clothes that we have while listening to some spooky podcasts or playlists.

Indeed some of our choices for this month are a result of the upcoming Halloween. But first, let me take you some years back in time.

First up is @Katerina. Her choice was inspired by her time capsule. She has been playing it on repeat while embracing the feeling of nostalgia. And what better time to reminiscence about the old days while outside is cold and rainy. The first song is particularly dear to her because as she puts it “In a lot of ways, this track first brought me to Spotify.”

spotify:track:46lFttIf5hnUZMGvjK0Wxo:small 

Next up is @Mihail. He doesn’t need a time capsule because he is a big advocate when it comes to old but gold jams.

“I just love the vibe of 80's music, I find it incredibly melodic and rhythmic. There are always at least a few songs from that period in my playlists. I guess this is a sample of this month's edition for me.” 

spotify:track:2EGaDf0cPX789H3LNeB03D:small 

We continue with @Peter who has been enjoying the album "ENERGY" by Disclosure. With the melancholic feeling of autumn, sometimes it's hard to be productive and stay focused in our fast-paced lives. And I think a little bit more energy is what we all need in this season.

"I've been enjoying the positive vibes on Disclosure's latest album, aptly titled 'ENERGY'. I love that they took 5 years away from the game to travel and soak up sounds and sample beats from more distant corners of the globe, including South America and Africa. You can hear the latter's influence in 'Douha (Mali Mali)', featuring Fatoumata Diawara, a great artist in her own right."

spotify:track:5ct0SB2iuiKTyrvGMoae3Z:small 

And if you want to slow down a little bit- we got you covered. @Alex's first choice is perfect for these cloudy days. “This one came across in my suggestions and I decided to let it play. I loved it instantly and now I can't stop listening to it. It makes me feel very warm with it's lo-fi vibe.”

spotify:track:5SjtAe7xzUgHDtNTmt8zS7:small 

Next on our list is @Xenia. Her pick is a popular one to make covers of. There's actually quite a few versions of it on Spotify, but seems her preferred choice of "Wicked Game" cover at the moment ist the one by rock & roll stars Stone Sour. 

“I love the original song by Chris Isaak and recently stumbled upon this acoustic version which is just hauntingly beautiful. “

spotify:track:3V1H6liHwCDcWeqdPJabOM:small 

Our dear mod @Ivan is already prepared for the spooky season and one of his suggestions is related to the magical world of witches.

“Bells, Books and Candles" by the composer Graeme Revell is an uncredited bonus track included in the soundtrack of a favorite movie from my childhood - The Craft. Totally translates the atmosphere of the whole movie which goes about a group of girls playing with witchcraft in highschool, but kinda in the evil way.”

spotify:track:4ved5BsCyTL5coosNxw1qQ:small 

And last but certainly not least is @Elena. She loves Halloween and can’t wait till it’s 31st of October. 

“So this month I've added some of my all time fave spooky season songs. I recently re-watched the Rocky Horror Picture show and the Time warp has been playing in the background almost every day. Can recommend both the movie and the song!”

spotify:track:4WFeJTXNHIS2wURtwlAkhu:small 

You can check our IOH playlist for the rest of our picks. Enjoy the bobs 🎶

spotify:playlist:6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb 

8 Comments

Awesome work @Ver!

🎃👻💀

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Good job @Ver 

Good choice and good taste @Mihail  @Xenia @Elena 

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Love this!

Bravo, @Ver! Amazing job ❤️ 

@Mihail - +1 for Bananarama from me 😄 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice! Difficult to choose a favourite track from Rocky Horror Picture Show...

But when this starts, you're transported...

https://open.spotify.com/track/7dz2toLYVSh7kiB24urkNV?si=VJVBh1tPTha_yXz0zVt_BA

Composer

I personally love the Time Capsule playlist because it reminds of music I may have forgotten about. I listen to so much new music on here it's easy to overlook music you used to listen to. And the In Your Headphones playlist is quite good also. Nice work.

Composer

Nice read. Ready to play the playlist 😀

Labels