Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-blue.png

Ideas Review

January 2020 Ideas Review

Guido

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

1. [Discover] Exclude selected Playlists from Taste Profile and Discover Suggestions

2. [Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options

3. [Subscription] Pay yearly for Family & Student

4. [Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.                                              

54 Comments
Xeno1985

Hey there,

I would love the option to sign in with my Apple ID on the Windows 10 version of the Spotify application!

cali_golds

It would be really useful if I could sort my "liked songs" by genre in some way to I can build playlists from them.

A drop-down box of the genres in the "liked songs" playlist could do this, with a multiple select function i.e. Show Rock, Punk, Metal could work

Barbrichuk

Is there some sharing or spying between Amazon and Spotify because I have just got an email from Amazon Music which is offering me all the things that I enjoy on Spotify. I don't use Amazon Music and have purchased a very different type of music from the shop, so how do they know what I like?

DJPapa

Dear Spotify,

I am a music lover and a heavy user of music platforms. I  prefer Spotify, but use also both Apple Music and Deezer. 

One thing that I do not like about Spotify is the restriction on number of songs that you are allowed to like. For me one of the most engaging parts of using Spotify is discovering new music and new artists and every time I discover interesting, new music I want to "follow" the artist (which I can still do) and I want to "like" a song (which I am not allowed to anymore). I get this message when I try to: " Epic collection friend. Your library is all filled up. To save more, you'll need to remove some songs." But I do not want to remove song, I want to keep the songs marked as liked. For heavy users like me this is annoying and not a restriction you should continue, Spotify. I hope you soon can either take away that restriction or if you cannot do that because of costs, you should have a super premium subscription for heavy users where there are no restrictions. Keep up the good work! Regards Tom

Eememada

Hi there, New here, not sure if I should be contributing my thoughts here or somewhere else. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate platform for some of my suggestions! 😃

1. Playlist. Whenever the owner updates their playlist, I think it's kinda convenient if the playlist tops the sequence in their homepage ( Your Library ). Not only it has some social interaction to it, also it gives motivation to the owner's to update their playlist. Often there are updates but it's not notify to anyone, feels pity to miss out.

2. Local files. My local list seemed to lose it's connection with the original files in the pc every once in a while, even though the files are still there. Is this a bug? Cuz I scrolled and see no one posted about it being a constant issue. Can I also listen to other people's local file? My sister shared same interest in songs, I don't see the point to drag duplicate files into each other's playlist. Can't I just add her songs to my playlist? 

3. Diversity of the songs. I always liked how diverse is spotify has it all categorised. It's categorised but the content is tack slower. When it comes to chinese music, some really old songs that can be found in any other music app, suprisingly Spotify does not have it. If I may suggest, recently covered songs on competitions are in high demand. TBH, Spotify does have a good range of songs. but it has difficulties to find it's fans unless you already know what're you looking for.

Lastly, I'm a big fans of Spotify. However, I think there are many many improvement can be made/develop. Especially for premium users, small little useful details are very important.

Oh I also support for the offline music library and Recommendation for friend's playist! Brilliant ideas.