Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review-01.jpg

Ideas Review

January 2021 Ideas Review

Elena

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google 

You should now be able to sign up for an account using Google Sign-in so we'll mark this idea as Implemented.

2. [Connect] Show Chromecast on Desktop's Device List

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Desktop users, as pointed out by @MattSuda here.

3. [Web Player] Change Playlist Covers

You'll be happy to know that you can now edit your playlist covers and descriptions in the web player.

4. [Web Player][Discover] Possibility to block artist/songs so they do'nt appear on e.g. release radar

We're eager to confirm that feedback buttons on Discover Weekly and Release Radar have now been added in the web player and you should see the option to “dislike” tracks or artists in those playlists.

5. [Web Player][Other] Add option to Change profile picture on spotify browser (open.spotify.com)

You can now update your profile picture and name in the web player 

6. [All Platforms][Subscription] Share playlist with Spotify Kids

Along the lines of what you'll find here, this should now be implemented.

CASE CLOSED:

7. [Subscription] Pay yearly for Family & Student

8. [Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

The status Case Closed doesn't mean the door is completely closed for implementing the idea. Even in a Closed state we'll still be tracking this idea and its votes.

If anything changes we'll be sure to check back in.

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:0fGBiaJQzEeqvGmF5gdsNM

30 Comments
WadeA10

Please comment on when we can expect you to support HomePod.

kenron

I would also love to know when Airplay 2/HomePod support is coming please!

Jamez-patrik-nz

Considering Spotify's popularity with both artists and listeners, one would think that the collective quality of their playlist radio selection is up too par. This is not the case.

I sincerely wish Spotify would come together and hire people to make playlists out of certain genre and BPM. The "variety" of playlists i get is trule depressing when I know there is more then a plethera of music to choose from.

What I am asking, is to provide a more in depth variety of music when creating a playlist from various songs. The same songs should not pop up for each radio playlist created by the same artist. Im on the verge of just finding another source for music because i hear the same tracks over and over across the HUGE GAPS of genre... idk guys. Give me a job or something to make playlists idk

blooperluigi

I've been a Spotify user for more than four years now. I'm going to be leaving for Apple Music soon if Spotify continues to ignore requests for HomePod integration, and I suspect quite a few people I know are planning to do the same.

It's been a good run, but I can't see the sense in paying a subscription to a service which just ignores the will of it's users.

imJeans

Removing my comment is cute peter, but how about you acknowledge the 50+ page homepod intergration idea. 50+ pages of people begging for it and 3k upvotes and u go dead silent. comon peter. Homepod intergration when? answer us peter .