Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review-01.jpg

Ideas Review

January 2021 Ideas Review

Elena

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google 

You should now be able to sign up for an account using Google Sign-in so we'll mark this idea as Implemented.

2. [Connect] Show Chromecast on Desktop's Device List

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Desktop users, as pointed out by @MattSuda here.

3. [Web Player] Change Playlist Covers

You'll be happy to know that you can now edit your playlist covers and descriptions in the web player.

4. [Web Player][Discover] Possibility to block artist/songs so they do'nt appear on e.g. release radar

We're eager to confirm that feedback buttons on Discover Weekly and Release Radar have now been added in the web player and you should see the option to “dislike” tracks or artists in those playlists.

5. [Web Player][Other] Add option to Change profile picture on spotify browser (open.spotify.com)

You can now update your profile picture and name in the web player 

6. [All Platforms][Subscription] Share playlist with Spotify Kids

Along the lines of what you'll find here, this should now be implemented.

CASE CLOSED:

7. [Subscription] Pay yearly for Family & Student

8. [Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

The status Case Closed doesn't mean the door is completely closed for implementing the idea. Even in a Closed state we'll still be tracking this idea and its votes.

If anything changes we'll be sure to check back in.

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:0fGBiaJQzEeqvGmF5gdsNM

30 Comments
aktheslay

It has been EIGHT YEARS since the ability to block other users and prevent them from following you or seeing your content was suggested. It took FIVE YEARS for you all to acknowledge it was a good idea and asked us to vote on it. WE DID!!! It is currently the eighth highest voted idea. Your users are crying out for your help them avoid being harassed from malicious abusive people from their past, but for some reason you have prioritized changing profile pictures over protecting your users from users with ill intentions that are ruining their experience with your product. I am a software engineer and I have worked on several projects in the past where we sourced work from our user base, and if we had ignored our user base's desperate pleas the way you have FOR YEARS we would have all been fired long ago. This is absolutely unacceptable!!! I have had to create a new account and manually copy over playlists in order to avoid my ex who has been stalking me who I had to move across the country to escape from.

IT IS NOT A DIFFICULT FEATURE AND WE ARE BEGGING YOU FOR THE ABILITY TO BLOCK USERS FROM FOLLOWING SO WE CAN FEEL SAFE TO USE YOUR PLATFORM AND NOT BE STALKED AND HARASSED BY POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS PEOPLE!!!! Please **bleep**ing help us and**bleep** done

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Block-Followers/idi-p/310496

avaaaaaaaaaaa

Please add a feature in which users can block other accounts from seeing their profile, similar to one that is available on platforms such as Instagram and Twitter. I would like to be able to have public playlists and allow most of my followers to see what I am listening to, but there are certain followers of mine that I would not like to be following me. A block button would allow me to control who has access to seeing my music and make me feel a lot more comfortable with using this platform.

user1356

Hey spotify, 

You know what would be a really good idea? Implementing the 'good idea' from eight years ago. Yes that's right, I am referring to the block feature that countless users have pleaded for and you continuously ignore. 

Your anti-consumerist behaviours are psychologically damaging and threatening the safety of your users. It's only a matter of time before this blows up and the reputation of spotify is permanently tainted. It takes one large content creator, a viral tiktok, youtube video, etc. for these things to switch over night. Spotify needs to WAKE UP and start respecting its users before it is too late for this company.

To anyone reading this, please comment and engage with this https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Block-Followers/idi-p/310496 to support the cause. We need this feature as soon as possible. Its already been insultingly long. Please do not idly ignore spotifies toxic culture any longer people. We need to make this happen.

or2vas

surrealdelirium

(Content warning for comment readers: mentions of s*xual ass*ult)
Hi! That's cool, but when will you add a block feature for followers, so I can block the man who tried to sexually assault me from following my playlists, and what I'm listening to, but still be able to share what I'm listening to with people I actually like? I've been able to block the man who tried to sexually assault me *everywhere* else, even his phone number, just not on Spotify. I see his name whenever I check my follower list to follow a new friend back. I don't know how he found me.
This suggestion has existed on your community forums for 8 years, with pages and pages and pages of supporters; people who feel just as unsafe and uncomfortable about this as I do, and it's been years since you acknowledged it was a good idea. So what gives? Would be really cool if you cared about the safety of your users. Even just some communication about what's taking so long would be nice, so I know if I need to take my £10/month elsewhere. I have thousands of songs saved, I like the Spotify UI otherwise, I just don't want people who scare me to be following me - and I'm sure you understand, it's not the kind of situation where you can message the person and politely request they unfollow.