Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2 (1).png

July Monthly Ideas Review

TomLegend

Monthly Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Spotify Lite

We just wanted to give you a heads up that a lite version of the Spotify app has been released on Android. 

You can check out more information about the app and its availability here.

2. Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts

3. Last.fm Support for Playstation

4. Scrobble Tracks played offline

GOOD IDEA:

5. Snapchat Spotify Filter

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

WATCH THIS SPACE:

6. Adding indivdual Podcasts to Playlists

We also think this is a great idea and we're looking into it further. We've changed this idea to 'Watch This Space' and we'll post here when we get an update.

CASE CLOSED:

7. 432 Hz Tuning

As many of you have pointed out below, there are tunes on Spotify already in 432 Hz.

Spotify presents tracks as they are meant to be heard by the Artist. As such, we can't implement a feature that would change the tuning of a song for them - as this would go against how they intended their music to be presented.

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

8. SDK for Video Game Integration

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As a heads up, you can follow these links to find out how to listen to Spotify while you play on Xbox and Playstation.

9. Traktor Integration (DJ)

10. Remove current Song from Playlist

11. Send a Receipt to Premium Users Each Month

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:69HICMmc6nNLucAx3aJX9M

55 Comments
TovieGee

Okay, get this. Everyone is always tslking abount nostalgia. How about a nostalgic timeline playlist that you can go back to a year and see your playlists or liked songs at that point in time.

Rene01

Hi @TovieGee,

There is something simularbtonthis already. Go to the spotify app, go to search, next choose made for you, next you see playlists like: your summer rewind, your top songs 2018, etc.

Also if you have an idea, submit it into the new ideas section.

Regards,

René

Raton

It's been already more than two months that a lot of users alerted you about that catastrophic update.

One could have thought that it's normal that when something changes, some people will be disappointed, that they will complain no matter what and that a few time later they will just get back into line.

But here we are, months later and people are still unsatisfied.

For instance : saving album songs. So now, a liked album doesn't appear in your liked tracks anymore. If you want to save all the tracks of an album now, you have to save each of them separately. You could use a shift+click of course but if you do that, the tracks will be saved in a somewhat random order. Not that I am obsessive with order but most of the time, musicians took time to order their tracklist and I would like to respect that.

I don't think we are asking for something strange. Something existed and was used by a lot of users. And this simple thing is now absurdly complicated (having to save each track backwards in order to have them correctly in your library is completely irrational for a streaming app).

So please, consider what we've been telling you for the past few weeks and do something in the next update.

Rene01

Hi @Raton,

I don't understand the order problem. I'd propose to only save the album and then play the album, that is the correct order. There's no relation between liked songs and album. You can like all songs of an album or only a few or non, but there's no album order.

Regards,

René

Raton

Hello @Rene01,

There's no relation between liked songs and album anymore*

Before this update, if you clicked "Save" on an album page, it was saved in "Your albums" and each track was saved in your library. In one click you had everything.

About the order: 

Original orderOriginal orderOrder in my libraryOrder in my library