Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2 (1).png

June Monthly Ideas Review

TomLegend

Monthly Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

IMPLEMENTED:

1.  Sorting Options for List of Playlists

With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

2. Bring Back Albums' Length

3. Add & Remove Content separately (Artist, Album, Songs)

4. Car View

5. Bring back the old Web Player

GOOD IDEA:

6. Spotify in Ukraine

Spotify is launching regularly in countries around the world. Please keep an eye on the Spotify blog or signup here to be first to hear if we reach Ukraine.

NOT RIGHT NOW:

7. Add complete Playlists to the Queue

We just wanted to update this to say it's possible to add all tracks from a playlist to your queue on Desktop. To do so, just head to your playlist > select all tracks using 'Ctrl/Cmd + A' > right click and select 'Add to Queue'. 

There aren't currently plans to implement this on Mobile,  but if anything changes we'll update you here. 

CASE CLOSED:

8. Bring back Recently Played to Your Library

With the new update you can now find your Recently Played tunes section on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options too, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

9. Bring Spotify's old UI back

10. Option to show Lyrics only

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:1Dhi8OBMSyukjUQ93uBfNz

56 Comments
Len38

It's insane to scroll through the comments and see how many people hate this update. Do the people responsible for the updates even listen to music/use spotify??? I find it hard to believe as these are obvious bad decisions that have been made and go against what the USERS WHO PAY FOR THE SERVICE would like to see. Super dissapointed as I have just recently become a spotify premium user and now everything has been changed and I am regretting my choice. 

cp2594

This new update is appauling and was simply not required. Your disregard for people's comments is worrying. Simply features like being able to sort ALL of your artists (and not just those you're actively following) being removed is quite frankly baffling.

I've spoken to your help desk and even they recognise "there are a few issues" but you're clearly not listening to the people who are paying for it and their comments , but instead pressing ahead stubbornly with your own views on the matter.

At this rate I will be switching to an alternative streaming service like Apple Music following the next update if the issues aren't fixed, as there is no point paying for a service where people aren't listened to and can't use the simple features which previously made the service so ergonomic.

OnlyManOnMars

Hey so several things: 1: why can't i like see what devices accessed my account like every other social media site? Also why i can't block artists outside of the app? Also why fake artists showing up on my account and why are they on your platform? like y'all are missing some BASIC **bleep** features and it's a  little insulting

snicks

WE NEED LYRICS ONLY MODE.

Adam_Graham

The old UI was a proven design that was simple to use, navigate and familiar. This new update infuriates me so much because of so many things.  For example, when I save a whole album IT NO LONGER ADDS IT TO MY TOTAL SONGS PLAYLIST??? How did someone think that changing the formula from something proven and good to something so bad A computer science major has to figure this new stuff out???