Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2 (1).png

June Monthly Ideas Review

TomLegend

Monthly Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

IMPLEMENTED:

1.  Sorting Options for List of Playlists

With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

2. Bring Back Albums' Length

3. Add & Remove Content separately (Artist, Album, Songs)

4. Car View

5. Bring back the old Web Player

GOOD IDEA:

6. Spotify in Ukraine

Spotify is launching regularly in countries around the world. Please keep an eye on the Spotify blog or signup here to be first to hear if we reach Ukraine.

NOT RIGHT NOW:

7. Add complete Playlists to the Queue

We just wanted to update this to say it's possible to add all tracks from a playlist to your queue on Desktop. To do so, just head to your playlist > select all tracks using 'Ctrl/Cmd + A' > right click and select 'Add to Queue'. 

There aren't currently plans to implement this on Mobile,  but if anything changes we'll update you here. 

CASE CLOSED:

8. Bring back Recently Played to Your Library

With the new update you can now find your Recently Played tunes section on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options too, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

9. Bring Spotify's old UI back

10. Option to show Lyrics only

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:1Dhi8OBMSyukjUQ93uBfNz

56 Comments
sdelafuente12

Wow I don't even know where to start or if anyone at spotify can truly express concern for any of their customers. 

I've been a premium customer since it's release, so i've seen all of the UI's and can understand growing pains, but this one is so bad I will likely cancel my subscription. 

Aside from the new update, I don't understand how a company of this caliber doesn't have a simple or streamlined way to update user information. No exaggeration, it took me over an hour to update my email address. This was after it took  20 mins of searching to findout Spotify doesn't staff phone support. 

While changing my email address, the representative managed to delete my personal information, such as my followers, playlist downloads, playlist followers, dob, etc. When I questioned this, the representative could not explain why this was happening and then began to straight up ignore me. I was assured that my data would be restored, but it's been days and still no sign. 

I feel as though the people on this forum have touched on this most recent update, so I don't think I need to say much more than I am not impressed. 

Don't usually review things, but this is just so bad. 

KingzQuarters

I'm new to this community, could someone help explain to me why everyone is very angry? I really just dont know whats happening atm

commute1

This is getting ridiculous. Spotify, when will you admit that people don't like this update instead of trying to justify it? The fact that you had to close the case for the idea is a sign that you don't want to change a buggy and obviously unfinished UI change.

It is painfully obvious that this new UI change was not ready to ship to customers yet you have decided to bring out the update anyway in spite of this. That Ideas posts had over 5000 likes, was filled with 70 pages of replies and peaked at #2 on the top viewed ideas, yet you have decided to close the case associated with the post. Worse, you close off the ideas page by explaining how to use the new library as if we don't know how to use it.

It feels like, in spite of the negative reactions, Spotify wants to be the bratty child who wants their way, but everyone else can walk away, and that is what people have been doing in the new update. Apple Music is gaining 10 Million new followers every month and your responses have done nothing to slow that number down, if you continue to ignore the outcry of users nationwide, that number could well increase. 

Never before in my life have I been **bleep** about an UI update thats less usable, useful and polished than the last, but here we are. I don't want to be a guinea pig, especially if I am paying £10 a month for a service that is supposed to work. 

scottmcleodat

Still no resolution to the lack of ability to correct and/or change addresses? Making a new spotify account is not an answer, especially when the risk is losing all of your playlists, which can't be exported/imported.

PaulTTT

My comment is irrelevant. Can I remove it?