Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2 (1).png

June Monthly Ideas Review

TomLegend

Monthly Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

IMPLEMENTED:

1.  Sorting Options for List of Playlists

With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

2. Bring Back Albums' Length

3. Add & Remove Content separately (Artist, Album, Songs)

4. Car View

5. Bring back the old Web Player

GOOD IDEA:

6. Spotify in Ukraine

Spotify is launching regularly in countries around the world. Please keep an eye on the Spotify blog or signup here to be first to hear if we reach Ukraine.

NOT RIGHT NOW:

7. Add complete Playlists to the Queue

We just wanted to update this to say it's possible to add all tracks from a playlist to your queue on Desktop. To do so, just head to your playlist > select all tracks using 'Ctrl/Cmd + A' > right click and select 'Add to Queue'. 

There aren't currently plans to implement this on Mobile,  but if anything changes we'll update you here. 

CASE CLOSED:

8. Bring back Recently Played to Your Library

With the new update you can now find your Recently Played tunes section on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options too, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

9. Bring Spotify's old UI back

10. Option to show Lyrics only

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:1Dhi8OBMSyukjUQ93uBfNz

56 Comments
1-q6nme_ex6i4

The new Spotify sucks and the lack of care that Spotify has for its customers is even worse. I have not renewed my premium subscription which I have had for years and I hope that I never come back to Spotify after seeing their "we don't give a **bleep** about what our paying customers want" ways. Time to find a new music source. I guess I'll start with looking into Tidal because I know nothing about them. If that doesn't work, I'll try ITunes, Amazon, Google and the the millions of others before I come back to Spotify. I will go to a real to real tape before I come back to you snobby, uncaring British A-Holes!

gmarr64

Don’t know why I’m bothering to write because obviously Spotify doesn’t care about feedback but anyhow I’ve just cancelled my Premium account after 4 years due to the latest horrendous UI changes. I don’t care about Podcasts, I paid Premium for *MUSIC*.

I’ve gone over to YouTube Music (included with YouTube Premium) and the cost is virtually the same plus no YouTube ads - yay !! I recommend people give YouTube Music a try as it’s similar UI to Spotify (black background) and includes an automatic History (ie Recently Played) in the Library. For me the Recently Played feature was *the* killer feature for Spotify (please don’t chime in that it still exists in Home because a) now I have to change to Home to see it and b) It doesn’t have the same functionality as it did previously) What ever happened to the customer is always right ?

Misscoco206

“we’ve made finding and accessing the content you want even faster.” I’m really struggling to see how when it takes me forever to scroll though liked songs to still struggle to find the song/artist I want. 

The new new layout is terrible and that’s putting it lightly. 

Please bring back the songs tab, alphabetical list, artists page should list all artists not simply the “favourites” and when you click on the the artists names you should be able to see the songs you have liked only as well their whole catalogue.

If this new layout remains the same I will be cancelling my subscription as I refuse to pay for another month of this mess.

ajewers

Utterly tone deaf response from Spotify, super dissapointing. Been using the app for years and now the new so called 'UI update' (despite the fact it goes far beyond just UI and actually removes key functionality) has made the app almost unusable.

What use is a single playlist of every individual song I've ever liked? Harping on about the fact that recently played still exists is no consolation, the ability to navigate through my saved music by Artist is the one thing I used more than anything else.

Look how many people have engaged and commented about the removal of this and related library functionality. These are your passionate users, why would you choose to ignore them like this?

bakbakbak

I just want to sort my library by all songs. Liked songs doesn't seem to have them all. This is a "feature" you could do on the first freaking ipod.