Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2 (1).png

June Monthly Ideas Review

TomLegend

Monthly Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

IMPLEMENTED:

1.  Sorting Options for List of Playlists

With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

2. Bring Back Albums' Length

3. Add & Remove Content separately (Artist, Album, Songs)

4. Car View

5. Bring back the old Web Player

GOOD IDEA:

6. Spotify in Ukraine

Spotify is launching regularly in countries around the world. Please keep an eye on the Spotify blog or signup here to be first to hear if we reach Ukraine.

NOT RIGHT NOW:

7. Add complete Playlists to the Queue

We just wanted to update this to say it's possible to add all tracks from a playlist to your queue on Desktop. To do so, just head to your playlist > select all tracks using 'Ctrl/Cmd + A' > right click and select 'Add to Queue'. 

There aren't currently plans to implement this on Mobile,  but if anything changes we'll update you here. 

CASE CLOSED:

8. Bring back Recently Played to Your Library

With the new update you can now find your Recently Played tunes section on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options too, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

9. Bring Spotify's old UI back

10. Option to show Lyrics only

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:1Dhi8OBMSyukjUQ93uBfNz

56 Comments
GrawlixL

Hey, it looks like we're overdo for another ideas review! They're supposed to be monthly, but it's been about a month and a half since you told us all to go **bleep** ourselves.

len1010

What sharp mind thought that the list used to add a song to a playlist would be easier to use if it was not alphabetical just random? To add insult to injury, just when I’m trying to get use to the the kaotic order of the list, the playlists move around. So each time is like the first time. As far as I can tell this only affects iOS. My android phone shows the lists in alphabetical order or most recently added just like iOS use to. 

Xteban

Never once signed in to comment but now feel compelled to, even if late. For me, the biggest issue is no longer being able to save partial albums to my library. Spotify worked perfectly before. A new skin would have been nice alone but you seem to have overstepped and fixed something that did not need fixing at all. Already looking into different streaming services.

GrawlixL

@Xteban I had the exact same problem, and have brought it up for a while now. Spotify never gives a meaningful response. They don't care. It's like they never even considered that bonus tracks are a thing that exists, and the listeners may not want to listen to them when playing the album.

I know it's a hassle, but I really think everyone's better off just taking their business elsewhere.

buterasmuffin

Notice how the one for changing pictures on mobile has 4,000 votes, but yet you still choose the ones that aren't important at all. 😕 
You thoroughly disappointed me in every single way POSSIBLE