Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-blue.png

Ideas Review

May 2020 Ideas Review

Katerina

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated recently.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms][Playlists] Skipping songs in a playlist that you are not the creator of

It's now possible to hide tracks within any playlist on mobile.

Just head to the context menu (three dots), and tap "Hide song". The song will be marked as "Hidden", meaning it'll no longer play in that playlist. This can be undone at any time too.

2. [Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

3. [Browse] Hide song in Premium

We're marking this as implemented, as this feature is now available on mobile.

If we have any info regarding this on desktop in the future, we'll head back here with an update.

4. [All Platforms] Sleep Timer

We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

5. Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!

We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

GOOD IDEA:

6. [All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

7. [All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

8. [Podcasts] Push Notification for new Episodes

9. [Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

CASE CLOSED:

10[Running] Bring back Running

UNDER CONSIDERATION

11. [Mobile] Listening History On Mobile

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

12. [iOS][Other] Spotify Alarm on iOS

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:5sSqOGfBz5CjJ9IGL8pz31            

156 Comments
Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

@Jp1981 - We hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language. If you're having troubles finding content on the app, we'd recommend taking a look here first for more info.

@Jimpan1973 - There's already an idea about this here in the Community! If you haven't already, make sure to add your +VOTE and feedback here.

@epicflyingcat - Glad to hear this! If you're looking for more music suggestions from other Spotify users or to go in depth about music you enjoy, check out the Music boards. Enjoy your tunes 🎶 

@ChrisRayGun - other Spotify users have also shared that they'd like to see this in the desktop app! If you haven't already, make sure to support this idea about this.

@BigChungus69 - We really appreciate you sharing your thoughts here! There's already an idea about returning the sorting options here, make sure to support it and add your feedback! If there are other features you'd like to see in that desktop experience, you can always share it in our Idea exchange - find out more on how here.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

Arisa_97

What would make the good morning/afternoon/evening feature better is if you would allow listeners on premium to choose which playlists they would want to display within that section. Right now Spotify has chosen podcasts that I don’t even really listen to and it’s annoying to see them there. 

Simon_bndct

You guys have lost me. You deny so many features and i'm not even allowed to give feedback because every single post i try to make in your forum gets blocked anyway. this service started out so good but it's becoming worse everyday

Hidekane

I don't know what is up with this new update, but I'm unable to select multiple songs. I've tried ctrl + A to select all, I've tried to ctrl + select to choose them individually. it would make life a lot easier if we could add multiple songs to a playlist, on desktop (again) and on mobile. 

maliaaa

bring back spotify.me, please! i really enjoyed getting insight on my listening habits. today, i typed in the url, and it took me to spotify for brands, not the spotify.me i was looking for. please bring this back, or at least let us know why it was taken down.