Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-blue.png

Ideas Review

May 2020 Ideas Review

Katerina

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated recently.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms][Playlists] Skipping songs in a playlist that you are not the creator of

It's now possible to hide tracks within any playlist on mobile.

Just head to the context menu (three dots), and tap "Hide song". The song will be marked as "Hidden", meaning it'll no longer play in that playlist. This can be undone at any time too.

2. [Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

3. [Browse] Hide song in Premium

We're marking this as implemented, as this feature is now available on mobile.

If we have any info regarding this on desktop in the future, we'll head back here with an update.

4. [All Platforms] Sleep Timer

We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

5. Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!

We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

GOOD IDEA:

6. [All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

7. [All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

8. [Podcasts] Push Notification for new Episodes

9. [Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

CASE CLOSED:

10[Running] Bring back Running

UNDER CONSIDERATION

11. [Mobile] Listening History On Mobile

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

12. [iOS][Other] Spotify Alarm on iOS

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:5sSqOGfBz5CjJ9IGL8pz31            

156 Comments
Hubo

Hey @TimUnkknown65, thanks for your comment here!

Good idea! Spotify is actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams there so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

Next to that, you can always report display names that go against the Spotify Guidelines on prohibited content with the report function in the app.

Also, if you're using Spotify with children, you might want to check out Spotify Kids: https://www.spotify.com/kids/. Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a great day,

Hubo

99dollas

This is a pretty big problem. I have one playlist that has a ton of songs on it. I need to change the order of songs on my laptop so that if I don't feel like shuffle playing, I can hop into my playlist and put good songs on the top or new songs on the top. I have been using the date added filter but I can't move the songs around in this. I want to keep the regular date that I had before, so making a duplicate is not an option. When I put it on a custom order, it automatically goes to the opposite of date added i.e. date from oldest to newest instead of newest to oldest. I want to be able to move around these songs efficiently, but it looks like I have to sort 500+ songs, and every time I add new songs I have to drag them to the top. Spotify should allow us to move the songs around in the filter or control the custom order. Maybe, we could select multiple songs and put a filter on them. Updating the custom order software to make it more efficient would be much better. Maybe there isn't something that I am aware of, but it isn't very efficient to drag all of them to the top.

BoneForTuna

Why don’t you make video available on ALL platforms?!? Not just mobile. Especially since you took JRE from YouTube.. this is ridiculous I was here 6 months ago and it still isn’t resolved. No video streaming on Xbox, Roku, or anything!!!! Just on mobile devices.. that’s so stupid. Give him back to YouTube and let him keep the money since this is YOUR F**k up.... 100% 

Drakoflame

hey how about firing the person who designed the new UI, then reverting it back to the old one!

The current UI is a pile of trash and I think there's a pretty strong unanimous hatred for it. It's a mess, it's ugly, it's the opposite of user friendly, it removed several features or made them MORE difficult to access, and is just generally a pain to navigate.

Revert to the old UI.

Ginnychiara

please and I beg as a daily listener, and I mean I basically spend my time on Spotify instead of class browsing around throughout the desktop app. I ABSOLUTELY HATE and really hate the new update.  I find it awfully hard and and not aesthetically pleasing, I feel that I got a virus on my computer trying to download the old IU from a sketchy website