Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-blue.png

Ideas Review

May 2020 Ideas Review

Katerina

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated recently.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms][Playlists] Skipping songs in a playlist that you are not the creator of

It's now possible to hide tracks within any playlist on mobile.

Just head to the context menu (three dots), and tap "Hide song". The song will be marked as "Hidden", meaning it'll no longer play in that playlist. This can be undone at any time too.

2. [Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

3. [Browse] Hide song in Premium

We're marking this as implemented, as this feature is now available on mobile.

If we have any info regarding this on desktop in the future, we'll head back here with an update.

4. [All Platforms] Sleep Timer

We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

5. Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!

We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

GOOD IDEA:

6. [All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

7. [All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

8. [Podcasts] Push Notification for new Episodes

9. [Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

CASE CLOSED:

10[Running] Bring back Running

UNDER CONSIDERATION

11. [Mobile] Listening History On Mobile

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

12. [iOS][Other] Spotify Alarm on iOS

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:5sSqOGfBz5CjJ9IGL8pz31            

156 Comments
striplay

Create a new account?

That's your solution???

I'm having this issue too, and NO WAY am I starting over! 

I have extensive playlists that I cannot, and will not reacquire.

There HAS to be a better option than this.

Spotify should definitely NOT be logging out on Playstation every time you put the console into sleep mode.

Sleep mode is supposed to retain logins. That's kind-of the whole point of resting your PS, rather than shutting it down completely.

Come up with something better please.

Sheesh! 🤦‍♂️ 🙄