Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

blog-intro.jpg

Albums
alternative
May
New Music Friday

May 5, 2017 : new indie albums worth a listen

Soundofus

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. 

May 2017 - New Indie Releases

New Music Friday : May 5, 2017

PERFUME GENIUS THE AFGHAN WHIGS
No Shape In Spades
Origin : Seattle, Washington, USA Origin : Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Genre : Indie Pop, Chamber Pop Genre : Alternative Rock
==> Fourth studio album by the American solo artist Mike Hadreas known under his stage name Perfume Genius. He will be performing at a number of the major European and British music festivals this summer. ==> Eighth brilliant studio album by the American band originally active from 1986 to 2001. They have been reformed in 2012 with core members Greg Dulli (vocals, rhythm guitar), Rick McCollum (lead guitar), and John Curley (bass).

KASABIAN POND
For Crying Out Loud (Deluxe) The Weather
Origin : Leicester, England Origin : Perth, Australia
Genre : Indie Rock Genre : Neo-psychedelia, Psychedelic Rock
==> Sixth studio album by the British band. The band's music has been described as a mix between The Stone Roses and Primal Scream with the swagger of Oasis. ==> Seventh studio album by the Australian band active since 2008. Pond frontman Nicholas Allbrook has described the album as "a concept album, not completely about Perth, but focusing on all the weird contradictory things that make up a lot of colonial cities around the world". (Wikipedia)

BLACK LIPS SLOWDIVE
Satan's Graffiti or God's Art? Slowdive
Origin : Atlanta, Georgia, USA Origin : Reading, England
Genre : Garage Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Lo-Fi Genre : Drem Pop, Indie Rock, Shoegazing
==> Eighth studio album by the American band formed in 1999 in Dunwoody, Georgia, after guitarist Cole Alexander and bassist Jared Swilley left the Renegades. ==> Fourth studio album by the British band active between 1989 and 1995 and reformed in 2014. It's their first full length since 1995's Pygmalion.

AT THE DRIVE-IN CHRIS STAPLETON
in•ter a•li•a From A Room : Volume 1
Origin : El Paso, Texas, USA Origin : Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Genre : Post Hardcore, Art Punk Genre : Alternative Country, Southern Rock
==> Fourth studio album by the American band active from 1994 to 2001, 2011-2012, and reunited in 2015. It's their first studio album in 17 years since Relationship of Command and the first studio release by the band since El Gran Orgo to not feature founding member Jim Ward. ==> Second studio album by the American singer-songwriter, guitarist, active since 2001. He was the frontman of the bluegrass group The SteelDrivers from 2008 to 2010. Over 150 of Stapleton's songs have appeared on albums by such artists as Adele, Luke Bryan, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley.

TICA DOUGLAS MAC DEMARCO
Our Lady Star of the Sea, Help and Protect Us This Old Dog
Origin : Portland, Maine, USA Origin : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Genre : Indie Folk Pop Genre : Indie Folk-Pop, Lo-Fi
==> Third studio album by the American singer-songwriter based in New York. "Much of “Lady Star” deals with a sense of feeling paralyzed by indecision: whether the world is full of beauty or disaster; whether hopefulness is necessary or naive; whether justice is better attained with clear ideas of “right” and “wrong,” or if the desire for a neat reality impedes progres." (Team Love Records) ==> Third full-length album by the Canadian, singer-songwriter, multi instumentalist, released on Captured Tracks . DeMarco recorded This Old Dog while moving to Los Angeles : "I demoed a full album, and as I was moving to the West Coast I thought I'd get to finishing it quick. But then I realized that moving to a new city and starting a new life takes time. And it was weird, because usually I just write, record, and put it out; no problem. But this time, I wrote them and they sat. When that happens, you really get to know the songs. It was a different vibe." (Wikipedia)
2 Comments

Nice post. 🙂

1977ra

Estou usando Premium inclusive agora que começaria o período mais foi feito a cobrança e não consigo acesso de forma nenhuma fala que uso o spot do free ajude me to perdido quero cancelar isso