Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2.png

Monthly Idea Review: August 2017

meahtenoha

August 2017 Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and present the ones we’ve updated in the past 31 days.

We're here to take a look at the ideas we updated for you all in August. Curious what we implemented last year? Well check out our Yearly Ideas Review: 2016 here. 

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Spotify XBOX One App

In August we implemented the Community's #2 request: XBOX One support. Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

xbox 2.jpg

2. Student Discount in Sweden

sweden student.png

3. Podcasts & Videos on Desktop

4. Prevent duplicates in Discover Weekly

5. All Offline Tracks in Main Menu

6. Fullscreen Artwork

7. Desktop Full screen playback info and visuals

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.25.21 PM.png

GOOD IDEA:

8. [Android] Rearrange tracks inside a playlist

9. Make adverts relevant to what I'm listening to

10. Multi-Account Setting: Quickly Switch User Accounts

NOT RIGHT NOW:

11. [Sony] Add Last.fm support to PS3/PS4 App

12. [Playlists] Scroll automatically to current Track Position

13. More Notifications

14. Shuffle by Album

15. Soundcloud Integration

16. AM/FM Radio streaming

CASE CLOSED

17. Equalizer for the Desktop Version

18. Ability to see which of my playlists a song is in

19. Redesign the Android app to fit the Material Design Guidelines

20. Implement Touch Preview On Android

21. Less space between lines

We're listening!

Every week we update your ideas posted in the Idea Exchange. We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. 

To read more about what happens after you submit an Idea click here.

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

70 Comments
danielmaia1976

I think Spotify should care about making available the original versions of songs. I am making a list of songs from the 80's and some songs are not the original ones, many of them being cut or remixed. Honestly it ruins my experience, because it's hard to believe that a platform like Spotify could not have different versions of a song, specially the original one that made/makes a huge success on the media.

alexandranj

Concerning wrapped 2017, I would like to be able to view wolrdwide statistics. What is the worldwide average number of artists a spotify user listens to in a year? National?  On average, how many different music genres does the average spotify user listen to in a year?  How many different songs? Are these data dets avaiable somewhere?

carlos_12011

Please, more videos from artists like imagine dragons, camila cabello... All of them, this could be really fantastic! 

duhitzamberxoxo

You should add Tate Mcrae. She has this really great song on youtube.

Tate Mcrae Song

I hope you will add this song to Spotify!!!

MukhMota

Guys! You seriously need to implement an option to remove videos and songs from the playlist. I am not talking about self-made playlists like ones like RapCaviar. I know you guys curate the best musics but not evey artists is liked by us right? So you should give users their option.