Monthly Ideas Review - December 2018

Community Manager
Community Manager

December 2018 Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

Want to know what's been going on in the Ideas Board in the last 30 days? Let's take a look...

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Explicit Filter

It's now possible to use the Explicit content filter on mobile and tablet devices (more devices coming soon!). Right now, the setting is only for the individual account and device. If you do apply the setting on your phone, it doesn't filter explicit content for the same account on the desktop app.

2. Your Top Songs 2018 Playlist

3. Scrobble to Last.fm with Spotify Connect

GOOD IDEA:

4. Find similar Playlists to your own Playlist

We're keeping this as a 'Good Idea' for now. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

Just as a heads up, be sure to check out the 'Create Similar Playlist' option on the Desktop and Mobile apps. You can find it by clicking the three dots on most playlists.

BEING

CONSIDERED:

5.  Parental Controls

Thanks for adding your feeback about bringing parental controls to Spotify. We also think it's a great idea and we're looking into it further. We've changed this idea to 'Under Consideration' and soon as we have any further updates we'll keep you posted. 

NOT RIGHT NOW:

6. Siri Integration

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

7. Master Quality Authenticated Lossless Streaming (MQA)

8. Play multiple Amazon Echo Speakers at the same Time

9. Siri Shortcut Support

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. 

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:6W9xuCc3FVBmo7AtbXZf7o

48 Comments
GroundingSpace
Regular

Make it possible to colour songs and playlists (with a variety of colours) It would make it so much easier to keep track of lists e.g. for rock lists I could use blue, for soul red. I could color certain songs i am considering omitting from the list. I could add a nother color for particular favourites. There could be many ways in which colours could be useful.  

krelnydelnky

Why not place a "your playlists" shortcut at the bottom of the app? Most people make playlists and want a way to quickly access your own playlists. its always a two page process to get to them, why not have a quick shortcut to get to them? Much easier when driving. 

Maybe i am doing something wrong to get to my playlists quickly, but have talked to multiple people that have the same thought. We all build playlists to favorite the music we like, give us a way to access them quickly!! 

Hey there @krelnydelnky and @GroundingSpace,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community!

@GroundingSpace, we'd recommend heading to this very similar idea and adding your +Vote and feedback. This way, you can also stay up to speed on any updates regarding its status.

@krelnydelnky, this sounds like a cool idea. If this is something you and other Spotify users would like to see in the app, we'd suggest heading in our Ideas Exchange and posting it here

On another note, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Have a nice day!

karpicius

Hi!,
First:
My question is very simple, but I cant find how to change that.
I dont like at all some section in my "Home" app. Mostly the first suggestions, in my case in spanish "la música es tu despertador".
Certenly, i dont like nothing of that section. I undestand that maybe, is music or artist that "pay" for promotional appearances in users profiles like suggestions, but, in my case, dont like, and even care that kind a music or suggestions.
Is possible change as user that?. Understand that, is an app and etc, etc, but, maybe the users that pay for service, can change what we want to see and what kind of suggestions we want Or, we dont like suggestions from promotional/advertishing band/artist and we can hide that. I dont want to see reggeaton, or trapp or latino/love/things, because I never listen that.
So if is possible, is a good idea: Give the control off the app and home and suggestions settings to the user. Not everyone love the "promo and suggest" when is nothing similar to the music you listen all day. Plus: we pay, we choose.
I write this question here, because, toooo tricky find a place to do this quik an easely.
NOTE: app and other functions, perfect and congrats as linux user =D.

Le_Blanc

Hi!

I had this idea a while now, but maybe the possibillty to disable a song temporarily would be great! Sometimes when I play my own playlist in good company of friends, there are some songs that they don`t like. It would be handy if I just disable instead of actively skipping the song or remove it from the list. I hope its something you can do with it. 

Have a nice day!

karpicius

Hi Le_Blanc!! thanks!!.

Is not that the problem, its just in the desktop app, in Home Section.
The rest, perfect.

Have a nice day!

Dearkeeper24

Update the Apple Watch app too allow Spotify too be used on watch without phone. I have a series phone with lte and it would be nice to be able to use the app without needing the phone at all. If Apple Music can do it I know Spotify can do it because you are way better and more advanced then Apple Music.  So if you can make it so app can be used on the Apple Watch without having a phone that would be great so then I could go to gym or for walks and not have to lug my phone with me.  

merdverd
Casual Listener

USING MOBILE DEVICES IS NOT EASY TO DELETE SONG FROM  PLYLISTS.
I SUGGEST TO CREATE A QUICK COMMAND INTO EACH SONG'OPTIONS. 

it's vey important. thanks

(now I have to take a photo of the song that I want to remove... and than to find it on PC)

cm526
Casual Listener

LET US DELETE SONGS FROM RECENTLY PLAYED PLEASE. I have read a number of accounts from people on this forum saying that there are songs on their recently played lists that they have not listened to. This has also happened to me and it makes it frustrating that we can't just delete them from the publicly displayed list.

Hey there @merdverd,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

It's possible to remove songs in your own playlists while using a mobile device. You can do so by tapping your playlist, locating the song you'd like to remove, then tap  to the right of a track. You can then pick the option to "Remove from this playlist".

You can also find more steps and info here.

Let us know how you get on :)

cm526
Casual Listener
Hello, I know. I have already done this but when I make the list public, all the songs I deleted are still there.
Tlw15

Can you please make it possible to listen to podcasts on smart tv’s? 

Can connect the tv to the phone for music and it works no problem,  but as of yet podcasts seem unable to be played. Is there a reason for this? 

jriv76-us

Can you guys bring the lyric feature back! I loved being able to read lyrics of songs on the desktop version. 

Heliomalt

Add a sleeptimer and bookmarks for audiobooks for example.

madmaxharder

Sorry struggling to submit idea. Love using Spotify on my alexa. My son and I would like to be able to ask for remixes e.g. Current track is playing and I ask Alexa to play me remixes of the track. Thanks.

BIRDPLANEMAN

Make it easier to search for songs in a playlist again. Going to the menu and selecting search takes way more time than it should to search.

Hey again @cm526!

Could you make sure that your mobile app is not set on Offline Mode? You can find more info on how to toggle on/off Offline Mode here.

It might also be a good idea signing out and back in the app on your device to shake things up.

If none of these do the trick, we'd suggest starting a new thread in the related Help Board category so we can troubleshoot this further. Just make sure to include the necessary information, including what steps you've tried already :)

Have a lovely day!

aneto16

Vocês deveriam criar uma versão pra casal ou pra amigos, onde duas ou mais pessoas escutem a mesma musica simutaneamente.
Na versão casal, o casal podera ouvir a mesma musica ao mesmo tempo entre os dois e a distancia

Na versão amigos tambem, so que em um numero maior de pessoas 

coldtoad

After the much anticipated "Playlists-See-in-which-of-my-Playlists-a-song-is-in" was declined and marked closed I was a bit disappointed but figured I would try to live with the 'duplicate addition' solution. The truth is even with only a handful of playlists it is very difficult to organize without a fast way to see what is where. For example if I want to search my existing playlists for a song I have to go to each 'suspect' playlist (Windows), scroll to the top, click the magnifying glass filter, type in the song name, repeat. This is a lot of hassle. If you are unwilling to implement the right-click context menu search could you at least implement something which searches all of your playlists at once? Maybe this exists but I can't find it... Please?

mattxversace

1. Allow users to implement the sleep timer for music listening.. Why just have it for podcast? And allow specific time selections instead of just picking your options of 30 - 45mins or end of episode.

2. Also can we add reviews to podcasts??? let's make the podcast section more social and organized...

3. Can we allow mobile users to change their playlist album cover and add details? why just allow it on desktop.

- Matthew

Labels