Monthly Ideas Review - December 2018

Community Manager
Community Manager

December 2018 Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

Want to know what's been going on in the Ideas Board in the last 30 days? Let's take a look...

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Explicit Filter

It's now possible to use the Explicit content filter on mobile and tablet devices (more devices coming soon!). Right now, the setting is only for the individual account and device. If you do apply the setting on your phone, it doesn't filter explicit content for the same account on the desktop app.

2. Your Top Songs 2018 Playlist

3. Scrobble to Last.fm with Spotify Connect

GOOD IDEA:

4. Find similar Playlists to your own Playlist

We're keeping this as a 'Good Idea' for now. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

Just as a heads up, be sure to check out the 'Create Similar Playlist' option on the Desktop and Mobile apps. You can find it by clicking the three dots on most playlists.

BEING

CONSIDERED:

5.  Parental Controls

Thanks for adding your feeback about bringing parental controls to Spotify. We also think it's a great idea and we're looking into it further. We've changed this idea to 'Under Consideration' and soon as we have any further updates we'll keep you posted. 

NOT RIGHT NOW:

6. Siri Integration

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

7. Master Quality Authenticated Lossless Streaming (MQA)

8. Play multiple Amazon Echo Speakers at the same Time

9. Siri Shortcut Support

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. 

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:6W9xuCc3FVBmo7AtbXZf7o

48 Comments
JoeQ
Regular

I tend to listen to music as full albums, rather than individual songs or playlists. (This is the most sensible way to listen to most classical music and jazz.) It would be great to be able to bookmark my place in any particular album so that I can return to that spot after going to listen to something else on Spotify. 

Airroes
Casual Listener

What happened to the radio stations on phones (at least android for me)? I updated the other day and now the radio stations are no longer radio stations. 

For instance, I click on a "radio" station I want to listen to at the moment and it takes me to a playlist I can download, but I can not like or dislike songs or anything like the radio stations on a computer.

DanyLouis

Quisiera que se eliminara las canciones recomendadas de cantantes que no sigo, y solo se merecomiende canciones y albumes nuevos de cantantes que si sigo. 

que se me elimine los Daily Mix. y solo se pueda poner a traves de una opcion

Yo estoy pagando un premiun, no quiero publicida camuflada, ni escuchar lo que no me gusta. Si alguien tiene la misma situacion por favor comentar. 

Chevycobb
Music Fan

How about fixing the problems with Samsung watches.  Everytime you deny or end a phone call on your phone or watch, spotify opens and begins playing through the watch speaker.  Very inconvenient and disrupting.  Been an issue for months

jonesadamjones

Hi,

It would be nice if you could shuffle all songs by artists you follow, not create a playlist, just listen to all followed.

lexdoone87
Casual Listener

Hi Tom,

Since 2015, Android users have been requesting Swipe to Queue, an elementary feature that has been native to the iOS experience since launch. It remains listed as "Not Right Now". With thousands of likes on the original post, and follow up posts asking for the same thing, what further justification does Spotify need for their Android users, with 100 Million+ downloads from the Play Store? Thanks.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Swipe-to-Queue-a-Track/idi-p/1189608

moonajailona

Hi

Could you add sleep timer? I would really like to listen some favourite music or podcasts while I try to sleep but I don’t like that those keep on rolling for whole night through my earphones.

MusicalArtizan
Roadie
I dont listen to music while I sleep , defeats the purpose.

Send your idea to someone at spotify

Im sure they would find it facinating
mattxversace
Hi moonajailona,

There actually IS a sleep timer. You can find it on the podcasts. It’s in
the right detailed menu for podcasts. You can choose to play it for 5, 10,
15, 30 or 45 minutes, 1 hour or till the end of your podcast episode.

A life hack I do is set a timer for a podcast and then play my music and it
will stop at what time I set it for. I just wish Spotify would add it for
music without having to do that.

Best regards,

- Matthew
moonajailona

Hi Matthew,

and thank you for this life hack! How could I’ve totally missed it. But still, it would be easier to have separated one for music too.

Vicsj

Yes I’m with a sleep timer. My kids listen to children’s stories but if left on all night I’m wondering what they’re listening to. Just like the podcast timer would be great. Thanks as we love Spotify!! 

Yschii

Hello everyone, 

My suggestions to the Android App. Recently you changed certain UI elements that ruin the Spotify experience for me.

1. Why can't I access my qued songs when playing songs from certain playlists/mixtapes? You are supposed to be better than normal radio. Don't take features away from me.
  2. Why have certain songs or playlists a different UI than usual songs? Why can the UI fade out on "Thank you next"? The Spotify App is a music player, why would I ever want to lose control over the music? The normal player UI works great and gives me access to my qued songs and everything. Don't try to add videos/gifs/animations to songs if it takes control away.
  3. My biggest problem with the Android app: Why did you hide the in-playlist-search and sort functions behind a list menu if it was perfectly accessible before? If I want to sort a playlist to "recently added" I have to go through that menu twice. If I want to search I have to find the search hidden inside the same menu instead of simply using the beautiful search bar from before.

I usually like when you update the design, but please don't hide functions or "simplify" the app by taking away control.

olly247

Bookmark

A way to know where you’re up to in a playlist, for when you’ve moved on to listen other things and can’t remember where you got up to.

I current take screen shots of the last song I’m listening to in my Discover Weekly and Release Radar, as I know I’ll forget :(

DK411
Casual Listener

There's a great ongoing idea about making it possible to Customize the start screen, but somehow it never gets enough votes:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Customize-Start-Screen/idc-p/4657815

akerboy

My idea:

Let users combine there thoughts of music by sharing a playlist, let one user be the head of the playlist. The head is able to add users to maintain the playlist and also delete them. The head is also able to give-away authority to the other users, some authorities like 'add music, 'delete music', 'add users', 'delete users'. This way u can make a playlist with ur friends without the rest of the world being able to change it.

Just and idea, i do not know if this is even possible. But still its try-able.

- Akerboy

woopdefreakindo

How about.... lyrics? Y'all took them away 3 years ago because you were "making improvements" then gave us genius, which provides lyrics for a small selection of songs. And only for parts of the song, mixed in with other random facts, so it doesnt actually function as a legitimate lyrics feature. 

mattxversace

Woopdefreakindo, 

I COMPLETELY agree with you. The Genius Lyrics is cute and rather very interesting to read upon, but it’s not available for all songs (which is understandable) and is not only distracting, but a functional-obsolescence when you only just want to see the lyrics from the convenience of the app..

Spotify please advise!

Regarding a long time premium user,

- Matthew 

Amaanhas

Would love the ability to upvote or like my friends songs as they are listening to them on the right hand collumn in desktop. They could be notified that I liked their taste plus it would add the months likes to a "friendlist" playlist and refresh every month.

Rather than making the spotify experience silo'd this could be a nice way of letting your friends know you dig their taste and vice versa.

snakesoh

I would like to be able to save our customised equalizer settings.

It is good for users with multiple audio devices.

Labels