Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2.png

Monthly Ideas Review - December 2018

TomLegend

December 2018 Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

Want to know what's been going on in the Ideas Board in the last 30 days? Let's take a look...

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Explicit Filter

It's now possible to use the Explicit content filter on mobile and tablet devices (more devices coming soon!). Right now, the setting is only for the individual account and device. If you do apply the setting on your phone, it doesn't filter explicit content for the same account on the desktop app.

2. Your Top Songs 2018 Playlist

3. Scrobble to Last.fm with Spotify Connect

GOOD IDEA:

4. Find similar Playlists to your own Playlist

We're keeping this as a 'Good Idea' for now. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

Just as a heads up, be sure to check out the 'Create Similar Playlist' option on the Desktop and Mobile apps. You can find it by clicking the three dots on most playlists.

BEING

CONSIDERED:

5.  Parental Controls

Thanks for adding your feeback about bringing parental controls to Spotify. We also think it's a great idea and we're looking into it further. We've changed this idea to 'Under Consideration' and soon as we have any further updates we'll keep you posted. 

NOT RIGHT NOW:

6. Siri Integration

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

7. Master Quality Authenticated Lossless Streaming (MQA)

8. Play multiple Amazon Echo Speakers at the same Time

9. Siri Shortcut Support

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. 

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:6W9xuCc3FVBmo7AtbXZf7o

48 Comments
JoeQ

I tend to listen to music as full albums, rather than individual songs or playlists. (This is the most sensible way to listen to most classical music and jazz.) It would be great to be able to bookmark my place in any particular album so that I can return to that spot after going to listen to something else on Spotify. 

Airroes

What happened to the radio stations on phones (at least android for me)? I updated the other day and now the radio stations are no longer radio stations. 

For instance, I click on a "radio" station I want to listen to at the moment and it takes me to a playlist I can download, but I can not like or dislike songs or anything like the radio stations on a computer.

DanyLouis

Quisiera que se eliminara las canciones recomendadas de cantantes que no sigo, y solo se merecomiende canciones y albumes nuevos de cantantes que si sigo. 

que se me elimine los Daily Mix. y solo se pueda poner a traves de una opcion

Yo estoy pagando un premiun, no quiero publicida camuflada, ni escuchar lo que no me gusta. Si alguien tiene la misma situacion por favor comentar. 

Chevycobb

How about fixing the problems with Samsung watches.  Everytime you deny or end a phone call on your phone or watch, spotify opens and begins playing through the watch speaker.  Very inconvenient and disrupting.  Been an issue for months