Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2.png

Monthly Ideas Review - December 2018

TomLegend

December 2018 Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

Want to know what's been going on in the Ideas Board in the last 30 days? Let's take a look...

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Explicit Filter

It's now possible to use the Explicit content filter on mobile and tablet devices (more devices coming soon!). Right now, the setting is only for the individual account and device. If you do apply the setting on your phone, it doesn't filter explicit content for the same account on the desktop app.

2. Your Top Songs 2018 Playlist

3. Scrobble to Last.fm with Spotify Connect

GOOD IDEA:

4. Find similar Playlists to your own Playlist

We're keeping this as a 'Good Idea' for now. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

Just as a heads up, be sure to check out the 'Create Similar Playlist' option on the Desktop and Mobile apps. You can find it by clicking the three dots on most playlists.

BEING

CONSIDERED:

5.  Parental Controls

Thanks for adding your feeback about bringing parental controls to Spotify. We also think it's a great idea and we're looking into it further. We've changed this idea to 'Under Consideration' and soon as we have any further updates we'll keep you posted. 

NOT RIGHT NOW:

6. Siri Integration

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

7. Master Quality Authenticated Lossless Streaming (MQA)

8. Play multiple Amazon Echo Speakers at the same Time

9. Siri Shortcut Support

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. 

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:6W9xuCc3FVBmo7AtbXZf7o

48 Comments
jonesadamjones

Hi,

It would be nice if you could shuffle all songs by artists you follow, not create a playlist, just listen to all followed.

lexdoone87

Hi Tom,

Since 2015, Android users have been requesting Swipe to Queue, an elementary feature that has been native to the iOS experience since launch. It remains listed as "Not Right Now". With thousands of likes on the original post, and follow up posts asking for the same thing, what further justification does Spotify need for their Android users, with 100 Million+ downloads from the Play Store? Thanks.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Swipe-to-Queue-a-Track/idi-p/1189608

moonajailona

Hi

Could you add sleep timer? I would really like to listen some favourite music or podcasts while I try to sleep but I don’t like that those keep on rolling for whole night through my earphones.

MusicalArtizan
I dont listen to music while I sleep , defeats the purpose.

Send your idea to someone at spotify

Im sure they would find it facinating
mattxversace
Hi moonajailona,

There actually IS a sleep timer. You can find it on the podcasts. It’s in
the right detailed menu for podcasts. You can choose to play it for 5, 10,
15, 30 or 45 minutes, 1 hour or till the end of your podcast episode.

A life hack I do is set a timer for a podcast and then play my music and it
will stop at what time I set it for. I just wish Spotify would add it for
music without having to do that.

Best regards,

- Matthew