Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2.png

Monthly Ideas Review - January 2019

TomLegend

January 2019 Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

Want to know what's been going on in the Ideas Board in the last 30 days? Let's take a look...

NOT RIGHT NOW:

1.  View all Playlist Followers

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

2. Play multiple selected Playlists

3. Opt out of Live Songs

4. Sorting Options for List of Playlists

5. Make Spotify Connect a Choice

6. Warning when a Track is removed from Spotify

CASE CLOSED:

7. Global HotKeys for Pause/Play, Skip, etc.

After discussing with the right teams we've decided not to implement global hotkeys on Spotify. 

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. 

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:7yYWlhU8uy27bLV6gxPcFD

25 Comments
maune7

Hi Spotify,

As I'm new here, and can't find out how to post an idea somewhere, I hope this message will be heard:

Before the latest recent update for mobile devices, when you enter the Artists selection, (the artists you follow) you could see; the artist, how many song you've saved from the artist, following status. When you entered the artist, you could from here, start listening to all the songs you've saved from the artist.

After the update, you just see the artist name, and when you enter the artist, you get directed to artist main page. You can't see what songs from the artist you've saved anymore. Of course, you can access your "Saved songs" and search for the artist, but that takes a lot of time to do, and you can't just listen to the specific songs from the artist.

I was really using this function. For an example, i could find "Kygo" in the artist selection and start playing all my favourite songs I've saved.

I really hope you would reconcider to reimplementere this function

Kind regards, a happy Spotify user 🙂

Wbspau1717

Hello all. New to the community, but thought I'd do throw out an idea I've been sitting on. I thought it would be cool to have a "local trending" list or something of the sort. In essence, it just takes the most popular music in your area, and throws it into a playlist! It would be a cool addition and give you a chance to listen to popular artists that your friends are listening to as well! Cheers

KiwiAcer

Hi - this post only seems to focus on the negative.  Were there any ideas accepted/agreed on?

xtraspecialk

Bring back the old Radio! I hate the Radio Playlist that has replaced it! Now there is no ability to build a Radio station based on a song either!  A Radio station should be what the listener wants to hear with the ability to thumbs up/thumbs down songs to better enhance the station. It makes it a Genre station instead of artist or song based Radio Station. Also, you should check out the competition...Pandora allows you to make a station based on several artists, songs, etc. Making it truly "Your Station". Major step backwards for Spotify!

Smoothdevil
Hi Spotify, I had the same issue as one of your previous users where I was unable to find where to post this idea. (could be improved 🙂 ) One of the features I personally feel that would improve Spotify is the ability to be able to play a set of playlists. It would function as one merging all the songs and still offering all the features (shuffle, replay, etc..). This would enable users to be able to play multiple genre/playlist while driving alone, yet removing one of the genres/playlist s when driving with others that dislike this genre/playlist. Cheers!