Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2.png

Monthly Ideas Review

TomLegend

Monthly Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

We're a tad late this month, but let's take a look at what's changed recently..

IMPLEMENTED:

1.  Return repeat and queue buttons to Now Playing View

The Repeat and Queue buttons have returned to the Now Playing View on the mobile app. The repeat button has moved to the left and you Queue can be found just below. 

2. Mark Podcasts as Played

3. Modifiable Hearts/Dislikes

GOOD IDEA:

4. Spotify in Serbia

Spotify is launching regularly in countries around the world. Please keep an eye on the Spotify blog or signup here to be first to hear if we reach Serbia.

5. Spotify in Croatia 

NOT RIGHT NOW:

6. Landscape mode on iPhone

We're keeping this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

7.  Friends Feed on Mobile

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:4oX9tokhEzNi3G164j41wT

73 Comments
thegrimace10

My idea is that you allow companies like PragerU to advertise on your platform. You falsely claim that their advertisements and videos are "offensive." Showing political bias with such a small degree of regard for the truth regarding your REAL motivations is insulting to the users of this service and the companies with whom you have relationships. If you want to stiffle political thought and censor opinions in favor of your own bias, at least be honest about it. But if you want me to use your service and not tell everyone I know to stop using it, I recommend seriously revising this policy. 

rochelleowl

#1. I hate Spotify does not have a direct customer support, and has the audacity to try and charge for Human Help. OK, rant over.

#2. Spotify has been crashing every 15 min. I cannot get through one workout, airplane ride, or car drive without it crashing every 15 minutes. 

#3. I have cleared my cache, uninstalled and reinstalled. Next step is to terminate service unless anyone knows or has a fix.

Thank you

Cirtena

I've been using Spotify for a long time now and with the use I have found some recommendations I want to make but I can't find anywhere else where I can make them.

The first one is something that annoys me constantly. The edit button. I have playlists with many many songs. When I want to delete songs I have to delete them one by one, or when I want to move songs to another playlist I have to do this individually too, which is very exasperating. I think this could be solved with a select button and then you could select all the songs you wanted and press delete or move just one time. 

Another thing is the notifications. I have notifications activated and I follow many artists but I don't receive any notifications from them. I would LOVE to recieve a notification whenever an artist I follow drops a new song or new album. I can't follow all of them on social media to find out, I don't even want to follow some of them, I just like their music I don't want to know about their lives. I have missed many new albums because of this, I check my emails constantly due to university but the only emails I recieve are monthly recommendations. 

Sorry for the long text but this is something that has been bugging me for a long time and I want someone to know about it. I wanted to make this recommendations to see if they could be implemented to make Spotify an even better streaming platform.

HypedElement

There are some people out there who are both subscribed to Spotify, as well as Apple Music. Both are the same price, however, Spotify offers the Hulu bundle for college students. However, some may still stay subscribed because they have already built up a playlist on apple music and would rather keep paying rather than having to add a whole bundle of new songs (messing up their current saved songs playlist). 

To get the competitive edge on Apple Music. Create an option that can link to the users Apple Music profile which somehow downloads a file that contains all the songs that they have saved on Apple Music and gets rid of songs that they already have saved on Spotify. They would then hit a button, something along the lines of "Import Apple Music Library" which would then import all their songs into a new playlist titled, "Apple Music Library". That way they wouldn't have a need for apple music and could then cancel their subscription. They would be able to add songs from that Apple Music playlist to their Saved Songs playlist, or they could just listen directly from that playlist. 

JOGMOG

Hi folks - I am head wrecked. I happily pay for premium and use it on my own Mac and suggest it to others BUT I have an old IPOD using IOS 6.1.6 that works wonderfully and so I don't see the point is spending hundreds for a new one. If it ain't broke why would I fix it?? My big bug bear is that I can't listen to Spotify on it.... because the app for IOS 6.1.6 is not availabe ANYWHERE!! Why???? I pay a subscription to Adobe to use all their latest software too, and they have made the previous versions available so you can install if you need. Please tell me why this is not the case on Spotify? We can't all afford the latest new gadet. Why does that mean we can't listen to Spotify on our ALL devices we own? Running it online drains the power in no time. I can run Netflix, Youtube and other software but not Spotify..... and BOY! am I not the only one!!!! Pretty please have some compassion....