Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2 (1).png

June Monthly Ideas Review

TomLegend

Monthly Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board. In this blog we'll present some of the ones we’ve updated in the past month!

IMPLEMENTED:

1.  Sorting Options for List of Playlists

With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

2. Bring Back Albums' Length

3. Add & Remove Content separately (Artist, Album, Songs)

4. Car View

5. Bring back the old Web Player

GOOD IDEA:

6. Spotify in Ukraine

Spotify is launching regularly in countries around the world. Please keep an eye on the Spotify blog or signup here to be first to hear if we reach Ukraine.

NOT RIGHT NOW:

7. Add complete Playlists to the Queue

We just wanted to update this to say it's possible to add all tracks from a playlist to your queue on Desktop. To do so, just head to your playlist > select all tracks using 'Ctrl/Cmd + A' > right click and select 'Add to Queue'. 

There aren't currently plans to implement this on Mobile,  but if anything changes we'll update you here. 

CASE CLOSED:

8. Bring back Recently Played to Your Library

With the new update you can now find your Recently Played tunes section on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options too, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

9. Bring Spotify's old UI back

10. Option to show Lyrics only

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

spotify:track:1Dhi8OBMSyukjUQ93uBfNz

56 Comments
Squidkid

Instead of home page recently played. just add it to the library tab like everyone is asking.

GrawlixL

This is profoundly disappointing.

You ignored by FAR the most active thread, and instead of saying something like "we aren't willing to roll back the UI, but we admit that features were removed that annoyed a lot of people, so here's our plan to reimplement them," you just linked to the library announcement as though we don't know how it works already—and it's still ignoreing MANY of the missing features in the new UI.

It's embarassing that an update that was so far from being ready to ship was released to the public, it's embarassing how little Spotify responded to immediate concerns, and it's embarrassing that this is the "ideas review" after all is said and done. I was hoping for this all to blow over when Spotify addresses the concerns, but it looks like Spotify just wanted it to blow over without doing much at all.

candyshards

As your customers, how exactly are we meant to feel when your staff continuously refuses to properly address all of the issues with this update that we've complained about? Or when they patronize us by implying that Spotify's userbase is just too stupid to figure out how much easier and better this update is supposed to make our experience, even when we're repeatedly telling you after months of implementation that it does the exact opposite? How is responding to a 70 page thread with over 5000 votes echoing those complaints with one unhelpful and irrelevant post that addresses exactly none of those complaints then promptly closing it supposed to help us at all?

I've cancelled my Spotify Premium account and at this point I don't even know that a comprehensive update could change the way I feel. I've used and enjoyed paying for a Spotify experience that made sense for years, but your response to the irritation and confusion surrounding this update has totally eroded my trust and desire to continue to be a customer.

Mean_Derr

I've spoken to friends who use Spotify, most of them didn't even notice the update. Out of seven people, myself included, only two of us noticed or cared about what had happened to the app.

Out of the two of us only one is still a paying user.

Listen to the user community and address their concerns specifically... (bring back the songs tab).

These canned responses are as trash as your algorithm.

datfenristho

Extremely disappointing. Not even a proper response to everyone hating the new ui, and loss of functionality? Just the exact same copy and pasted response that's been put everywhere. You guys must really be desperate to drive people to your competitors.