Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

5.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - December 2022

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check November's review for more music.

Welcome to the last #MusicMonday of the year! Let's have a recap of the most popular genres of the year with some cool tracks, and a word from the artists themselves. 🎧

Michi Sanz – Hey Siri

michisanz.jpg¿Será que no me quiere?
¿Será que ya no me ama?
¿Estará con sus amigos diciendo que no me extraña?
Que no me quiere pero se engaña,
Por qué todas las madrugadas (El me llama)

Qué raro que tú, diciendo que esto fue mi actitud,
Y no se que tú esperas de mi
De mi parte esto ya se acabó.

We begin with a (not so) upbeat Latin Pop track from Maracay, Venezuela. Can we ask the virtual assistant how to unbreak a heart?

"The theme tells a story of heartbreak in which Siri is the main protagonist and virtual confidante. I went for old Avril Lavigne, Olivia Rodrigo sounds. My favorite part of creating this track was being able to flow organically with genres that were new to me."

spotify:track:04a6LyAKxmd7Muc5Ght4Ms:small

Rolling Thunder – Sunny's Song

rollingthunder.jpg

As nice as you look I'm sure you can tell
No one in this room wants to buy what you sell
A face on the board and a staple in time
'Til one off the belt comes and takes all the light

A wink of the eye and a stick of the tongue
Distracts from the fact that you're not having fun
A half empty drink warm and flat in your hand
Allows you to think that it's all gone to plan

Next genre: Indie Rock from Northampton, England, with a tale of the life of those who make a living giving discount codes with a fake smile:

"I started writing the song just as the first lockdown happened, I was up in Nottingham by myself away from the rest of the boys and the only thing I could do was write.

Thematically the biggest inspiration for the song was influencer culture. I was seeing pictures of these love island contestants getting spat out onto club circuits and they all had nothing behind the eyes and looked miserable. A lot of it is about describing the experience and trying to show how quickly you can get it and how quickly it can be taken away."

spotify:track:3vNGDxctji99Dm2cfQGjBL:small 

The Collectors – Don't Be Afraid

thecollectors.jpg

Well there's no easy way out
All you do is doubt

All your hopes and dreams away

You need to find a way for a better day

But all you got to do is pay

Now you're on your own and close

To the bone when you

Think about it again

Representing Brit Pop, a band from Stockton-on-Tees, England with a song about understanding there's no one to blame about the life you decide to live. Just don't be afraid:

"It was just one of them days where you worry but you can't really do anything about it but daydream your thoughts away."

spotify:track:1xe39Dv2vPbEZofyOU9Eo0:small  

Lantern By Sea – Ghost Story

lanternbysea.jpg

I was never too good at goodbyes
I’d pace the backyard beneath a veil of light
Oh, how was I supposed to move on
With a love not gone away?

On this long road I’ve been so alone
Passing through towns that I’ll never call home
But God I wouldn’t take another path
If my will can last the night

From Provo, UT, this cinematic song takes us on a journey about watching from a distance, in true Indie Folk style:

"Ghost Story was inspired by being stuck in over-romanticized memories, memories of being young and care free, memories of being in love. Constantly revisiting them and never moving on."

spotify:track:4MWR6nS8TzFqUU63g1SOaZ:small 

Arrester – The Worst People... Having the Time of Their Lives

arrester.jpgWe never miss our rent
Got every seasons clothes
We can't afford to buy a house
Just like everyone we know

Keeping our heads down
Has served us well so far
Never seem to get ahead
But we've got a nice new car

Open my eyes to find a shocking surprise
The worst people having the time of their lives

Finally, let's travel to Toronto, CA to get a taste of Australian Indie with a song that warns about staying in our lanes, and being complacent:

"Just seeing the glee with which the right wing in the US and elsewhere we’re going about their awful business. That and feeling my middle class white guy-ness was part of the problem essentially. The whole album is kind of in that vein."

spotify:track:3iruyLDdMjS4gP9oAI9ssx:small 

#MusicMonday 2022

What a way to finish the year! We say goodbye to 2022 with this year's compilation. 99 titles from original artists covering plenty of different genres, all representing the multiple trends independent artists are proud to establish. Have a listen:

spotify:playlist:1K0UjFCJFjYKJq7DiD7r7i:small

Preview 2023 and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

5 Comments
Antonio999us

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to request a song which is not currently in Spotify.

For long time ago, I always look for a couple of songs from Nina Hagen that always make me recall good times. They are "Auf m Freidhof"  and  "Auf m Bahnhof Zoo".

Unfortunately, these two 80's songs are not in Spotify. 

In case someone can help me or give me an advice I will appreciate.

Have you all a great 2023!!!

osornios

Hey @Antonio999us 

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is unavailable, the artist or their music label may have decided to not make it available in Spotify.

Please check this Support article here for more info. 🙂

RTPASIA

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to request a song which is not currently in Spotify.

For long time ago, I always look for a couple of songs from Nina Hagen that always make me recall good times. They are "Auf m Freidhof"  and  "Auf m Bahnhof Zoo".

Unfortunately, these two 80's songs are not in Spotify. 

In case someone can help me or give me an advice I will appreciate.

Have you all a great 2023!!!

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is unavailable, the artist or their music label may have decided to not make it available in Spotify.

Please check this Support article here for more info. 

RTPASIA_0-1673555601943.png

AmaniHiphop

These are some great artists! Keep up the blogs!

osornios

@AmaniHiphop 

Thanks! Glad you liked them. 🙂