Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music_blogs-green.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - February 2019

osornios

For many years, I've used the hashtag #MusicMonday to share some music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check last month's review, or my 2018 My Year In Music to see some of my more recent posts.

Valentine's month has come and gone, so let's take a trip around the world for some highlights from February 2019:

Filipa - Good Behavior

First stop: South Africa, with a tune that takes us to a place where a crush can be so strong that anything goes, and it's OK.

spotify:track:75S75fZlpKvpqrjcC63b5D:small

Maggie Cassidy - Guide Me

Next, from Surrey, UK, a track that reminds us that life cannot be lived alone, and that, in their own words, we need to be "looking out for one another through tough times... the experience of growing up, the struggles of that, and how all we can really do is look after one another... we're the only angels you can depend on."

spotify:track:5K52iIPXGub0d0gfKGW8uG:small

Press Club - My Body's Changing

But in love things not always go as planned. From Melbourne, Australia, we get some indie rock about the determination of moving on, even when the pain of breaking up is almost unbearable.

spotify:track:7lBu2iSu66JVaSpiGlIVGH:small

Brit Daniels - History

Our journey continues to Nashville, TN, with a pop piece about growing apart from your significant other, but still not letting go. In her own words:

"One of my friends experiences helped inspire the idea behind the song... It's like they had been together for so long that they were scared of what it would be like to not have each other. It was a comfortability thing but nothing was working... the only thing keeping you with someone is the history between you two."

spotify:track:70leflPUceZhORPdgoa27C:small

SOAK - Valentine Shmalentine

Finally, from Ireland, the song that describes how love sometimes gets us lost in our own feelings.

spotify:track:05clJaG0NPoowlJR4sUknK:small

Love comes in many different shapes and forms, and there's nothing better than music to relate to all of them. If a song makes you remember a feeling, a person, or a place, it's because music creates an emotional connection that can last forever.

Listen to them and much more on the Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

11 Comments