Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music-blog-01.jpg

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - February 2021

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check January's review for more music.

For this edition, we'll focus on arrangements, as all the submissions have a distinctive sound that drives them through. Let's have a listen, with a word from the artists themselves. 🎧

Blue Room Movie Club - Ghosts

blueroommovieclub.jpgThere are ghosts in this place
of all the children who lost their faith

From Nashville, TN, let's welcome our first entry of the month: a haunting Indie track featuring great string arrangements:

"I wrote “Ghosts” because I wanted to unpack a lot of the experiences I had had in the Christian church. I grew up in the church, and as I got older I saw some of the uglier sides of that world. A place that was supposed to be safe was actually a place where I experienced the most rejection. This song, and the entire EP Beyond Life and Death, is about accepting the unknown, and accepting that maybe what you’ve been taught or shown your whole life is not what it seems."

spotify:track:44127EeXUyrNdULZo53eO0:small

Ant St. - You Want, I Don't

AntSt.jpg

I won't be your foe
I won't be your friend
And I'll go without you,
If not to the end,
Than as far as I can get

Coming up next, from Riga, Latvia, an Indie Pop tune that starts with a mellow piano and deep vocals that transforms into a full scale Indie Rock banger with a  psychedelic intermission in the middle:

"I remember listening to a lot of Damien Rice at the time of writing it, and it's basically about not letting my ex back after she dumped me via a text.

And it is also a roller coaster of emotions which you get being in relationship with it's high and lows. Song has moody and dreamy parts, upbeat, angry and enigmatic parts, so yeah, life is a wild ride.

Every person can find its favorite part in it, the one that touches him or her the most. These parts are telling the story, the simple from the first sight but nevertheless emotional. The lyrical and calm intro, the splash of emotions and thoughts, the persistent inner voice and the deep dive back in yourself. Safe and secure place, where the sonar (like the one in submarines) with its "beep" sound is looking around to detect any hostile movement around... but then you start to collect yourself by small pieces, pull it together and get back into the real world with the final conclusion and decision on such simple but powerful thing as love.

I'm sure that everybody have felt it in some way and will go through it while listening the song."

spotify:track:0DNmFLynBF3OKdJ5b3fbI1:small  

Dutch Criminal Record - 00's Nostalgia

dcr.jpg

I don’t know
Why I’m staying up so late
I wanna go back
To 2008

I don’t know
Why I want to recreate
Was much more my pace

Next stop, Portsmouth, England for an Indie Rock fresh take on the fond memories of the New Millennium, complete with a catchy bassline, and subtle keyboards:

"I kinda wrote it after a memory came up on my Facebook feed from ages ago (can’t even remember what it was now) but generally i think the song is informed by my experience of early lockdown."

spotify:track:5JdLzVZoWW7M8TN8x958sg:small 

Witchrider - The Weatherman

Let the weatherman read through
All the words you said
Or those you kept in instead

So many times
We couldn't escape the weather
For so many times
We walked in storms together

Bonus track! For our (unofficial) Stoner Rock monthly review, let's go to Graz, Austria for a song with some eastern arrangements that gives it an special eerie groove.  See you next month!

spotify:track:2s30XYfTpzh059TZBp6OTn:small 

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

1 Comment