Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music_blogs-green.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - January 2020

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check December's review, 2010s: A Decade in Music, or 2019 My Year In Music to see some of the most recent posts.

It's a new year, and normally there aren't many releases, so let's take this opportunity to check out some great tunes from late last year. Here are some highlights, with a few words from the artists themselves:

Sweet Taboo - Used to It

SweetTaboo.jpgWhen I'm good, you'll like it

But when I'm bad, you'll love it

We begin this year's journey in Los Angeles, CA, with tune that oozes attitude:

"The inspiration came from guys trying to change us in relationships. It’s about being comfortable in our own skin and guys getting use to who we’re are."

spotify:track:6ZZxERW506hwHOeRVbow6k:small

HONÜ - I Hurt You

Moving to Hilo, Hawaii, this trip-hoppy release takes us there with its nice beat:

"I am from Hawaii and went back home recently to visit and escape the madness my life was in. I was really inspired from my hometown Hilo and wanted to create a project that my Hawaiians could enjoy with me.

Every record reflects a moment of my life or a place on the big island that stood out to me while growing up."

spotify:track:0emSGoXXvsm0y6Y6uBIjpd:small 

Ed Keziah - Tenerte Ahí

edkeziah.jpgA donde vaya quiero tenerte ahí
Entre montañas o un litoral que construí
Y caerá la noche con su manto celestial
Para envolvernos una vez más

From Colombia, this ballad represents what music really is, having the inspiration to express ourselves:

"I wrote it almost 3 years ago. I had a girlfriend that liked to celebrate every month we were together but I wasn't into it. One day she told me that my attitude was negligent so I decided to write her a song and give it to her as a 6 month present. This song was the outcome, and it represents the idea of how time can change everything."

spotify:track:7iNB1CO9WtpwRQ3es53IFG:small 

Märtton - Vuelta al Sol

martton.jpegFrom the streaming capital of the world, Mexico City, this pop song reminds us to never forget our roots in order to move through life:

"We find inspiration in our solid relationship as brother and sister. Our commitment is to plant into heart’s people the seed of self-love. We believe in the importance of strengthening our spirit day by day, so the most pure and positive feelings like kindness and love, wins over the “dark side” that sometimes auto sabotages ourselves as human beings."

spotify:track:0kQCWW0wJKli7Osn4fg0Hz:small 

Shybits - Bruce Lee

Finally, from Berlin, Germany, a very fun post punk track that invites us to elevate ourselves to be Bruce Lee. What better way to uplift than having a cool song to dance to?

spotify:track:3CJtlt0Hcbo90uB29X6w4N:small 

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

4 Comments
isabellalorenz

HELP ME. In early January 2020 Spotify recommended me an album that had just been released, by a female artist. The album is called "Midnight", the album cover is dark blue with some green and yellow details. The point is that I don't remember the artist's name and I can't find the album at all because the name is very generic and only appears as a result of more recognized artists. Can someone help me somehow? THANKS.

LV IT

Petya

Nice post, @osornios !

I very much like the message Märtton are conveying. It reminds of the philosophy of yoga 🙂 

Absolutely love the song of Sweet Taboo - Used to It.

Thanks for these gems!

osornios

My pleasure. Glad you liked them! 😄