Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

new-music-blog-2.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - July 2020

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check June's review , or Taylor Swift's folklore review for more music.

This month's journey features lots of bass! From very diverse set of genres, enjoy these bassy tunes, with a word from the artists themselves. 🎧

Huanastone - She’s Always

Huanastone.jpgAnd I always knew

that people like you

can't be trusted

Malmö, Sweden is our starting point, with a band full of cool riffs to share in a track about that presence who likes to give us (bad) advice from time to time:

"So the song is about something that a lot of people experience. In this case I sing about the voice in your head that basically talks you into doing things. In my case, it's like the little devil at my shoulder talking me into doing dumb sh*t that I know I'm gonna regret later on and feel really bad about. This particular devil, or voice if you may, manifests itself to me or I imagine it being like a succubus. Extremely charming, hard to say no to, and is always talking me over to do things I don't want to or things I'm gonna regret, she's always about your inner demon that drags you down to this black hole and keeps you there, stopping you from being free. You have a hard time saying no because she won't blame you or look down you and will always welcome with open arms.

Unfortunately, some people are able to keep it in check and other don't."

spotify:track:2kJ6fhfBZOlWJbmzY4rIkI:small

TQ the Artist - Wake UpTQ.jpg

Changing genre, and continent, we arrive to Gainesville, GA for some bassy, catchy hooks and lyrics. Let's listen and wake up:

"It just came naturally, I try to wake up with a go get it mindset and the song just came to me as a part of natural action."

spotify:track:2JUkbvqSASMIReB1QgJZmc:small  

Dama Rosa - Princesa Nube

Ya no mas

Ya no estas

Ya no volveras

Keep the bass going with some Pop Rock from Guanajuato, Mexico, about a loved one up there in the clouds:

"Well, usually the lyrics come up from experiences or inner thoughts invading the frontman's mind, this wasn't the exception; lyrics are always a highly personal matter in the band's creative process.

As far as the music goes, needless to say that each member brings something to the table. For this one in particular, though, we took it up a notch, while pursuing the quest of a distinctive sound and building the song from the perspective of our previous tunes."

spotify:track:22zesc3UxRNUhMl6SptoCE:small 

Jan Cruz - Paraíso

Toma mi libertad JanCruz.jpg

No me importa perder

si dentro de ella estas

Llevate mi temor

Quitame aquel dolor

que un dia anido en mi paz

Keeping the latin vibes, this singer-songwriter from Santa Clara, Cuba offers a nice Pop track with a touch of EDM:

"This song came up when I was preparing the repertory for my new album. It's about finding the spiritual paradise where we all want to get lost and, at the same time, the place where we can actually find ourselves, where we can live our own love stories, free from taboos and enjoy every minute. The lyrics are also very personal, in all of my songs I share important moments of my life."

spotify:track:5VXxEng3z4WNYxvs6sDw9K:small

The Howlers - Badlands

thehowlers.jpgNow I feel

The end has come

Stay and fight

Don't try to run

From London, England this band offers a surfy sound with a true desert bassline:

"Musically, the track is an ode to people like Ennio Morricone, Dick Dale and artists similar to their work that we adore and love that cinematic film score that gives you chills down your spine.

Lyrically it's about our struggles with our own mental health and the fight to overcome our own personal struggles, we as a band and as people have had a really tough time and it’s affected our music in a way we couldn’t imagine."

spotify:track:3dy03sfCZBYxpIz2v9hhN5:small

No somos poetas - El Encuentro

Aunque ya no estes

te llevo hasta en mis huesos

Quedan en mi piel

rastros del encuentro

Finally, we land in Mexico City to sing about how a moment shared with the right person can stay with us for a long time:

"For El Encuentro we were inspired by songs that were made to be played live. We wanted to conserve the energy of rock but also experiment with a slightly electronic sound. There, the guitar riff of the song is born, just like the song's chorus, it's made for people to participate screaming."

spotify:track:0WUicNx1HLz7uTPv56TC74:small

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

1 Comment
thaghostza

Awesome thanks bud