Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music_blogs-green.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - June 2020

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check May's review for more music.

Already halfway through the year, we begin the era of what is called the New Normal. It certainly feels new, but does implies change, much like this month's music. Let's highlight some cool tracks with some words from the artists themselves. 🎧

Deleo - Unfair

deleo.jpgCome, it's so unfair

All around us

Our story ends

Montpellier, in the south of France, is our starting point this month with a trip-hoppy song about the passion that may stay with us far longer that love itself:

"We are inspired by lots of British bands, as Radiohead, Archive, Portishead, Elbow etc... our music is the perfect mix of what we are listening... we love melancholics and aerials melodies."

spotify:track:5ZPAKoURLqXP67GufOxO5B:small

Arbouretum - Let It All In

Don't you swallow what they give you

cause you won't be the same
If you let it all in

Next stop, Baltimore, MD, for some prog psychedelia about the influence others can have on you if you let it all in:

"Honestly it was just something we stumbled upon at rehearsal and it felt good to play, so we developed it. The idea to call the song Let it All In occurred to me one day when I was just sitting around relaxing, so then I worked on coming up with lyrics to fit the title."

spotify:track:6tod1TxVsLx9PwQgIigPzH:small  

Softer Still - Strength To Strength

Take me away,
Away From here.
Words can never explain,
What's in my head.

From Shepperton, England, a true indie pop track which is just one side of the story, the band explains:

"With Strength to Strength we wanted to convey an almost delusional sense of elation, the living of one's life on a perfectly balanced knife edge, a sense of going from strength to strength when one is in fact becoming further detached from their own reality.

Strength to Strength is actually part 1 of 2 - we have another single to release written from the perspective of a romantic interest who is involved with the manic and detached lover."

Can't wait to listen to the other's party point of view.

spotify:track:3nixMuAjiFsEGFEOpWBN5r:small 

Harkin - Decade

You know it's been a decade

Why so afraid?

Still in the UK, we go to Yorkshire for a great track that invites us to take a retrospective look back at ourselves:

"This is a song about the dance of love, shame and time. Milestones stir up flurries of memories, we evaluate and re-evaluate the categorization of our own histories. The deals brokered, promises made, threats forgiven. Lines are drawn. That which ought to be sealed in the past, or that which is beloved yet relegated. This dance moves to many different tunes, but this one is mine."

spotify:track:3c9zs60UTEKfSEnn1EaC7l:small

Larrosa - Bajo Tu Piel

larrosa.jpgSabes que llegaste en el mejor momento

Quiero regalarte todo mi universo

Darte lo unico que tengo

toda mi verdad

y todo mi tiempo

For our last stop, this Aranjuez, Spain songwriter offers us a pop song dedicated to a new love:

"The song was born out of the need to be able to express emotional surrender to a person and how it is the beginning of love."

spotify:track:5pH1bXOIdHmjTuvnA8X3GO:small

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!