Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music-blog-02.jpg

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - June 2021

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check May's review for more music.

Half of 2021 has already passed, and, although the are not many releases this time of the year, we've been able to squeeze a selection of very interesting introspective tracks. Let's have a listen, with a word from the artists themselves. 🎧

Meena - It's Okay To Be Tired

meena.jpgknow yourself, from knowing others too
it's okay if you can't think things through
when sad get help
be your friends glue
take care of you body, it takes care of you
it's okay to be tired
just look at you
and if you don't want to follow these rules then, that's cool too

"Play as loud as possible." This is the advice we get from Manchester, UK. with this great track where the starting verse builds on the advice you should remember to give yourself:

"the track was inspired by thinking of what I would say to myself if I met myself at a younger age :)"

spotify:track:5p9DBlDbZxNAKnyznABNfQ:small

Civil - Paracaidas

civil.jpgTe acordarás de mi?
Se esfumó el disfraz
No voy a repetir
Lo que deje atrás
Y me enciendes
me desgarras
hueso y plastilina
Y me elevas, me desarmas sin paracaidas.

From San Antonio, TX., it's learn from your past mistakes in pure Latin Pop Rock style. Just remember, this time I'm not going to fall:

"Paracaidas talks about betrayal.

Trusting the wrong person and making sure you don't make the same mistakes and finally being over those mistakes. It's a song about freedom from yourself and being able to recognize that we are human and accepting failure and moving on.

This was based on my past experiences which were close to when we wrote it back in march of 2020."

spotify:track:5USzUFWk8rGYWm2erwNQHf:small  

Fashion Week - Deja Vu

fashionweek.jpgFeels like I've been here before
Stuck inside a revolving door
Kill me once and kill me some more
I can't be alone with you

It's like deja vu
I can't get away from you
And it hurts like it's the first time every time

I think I've seen this one before
And I already know the end
My stomach turns and I am running for the door
But you always pull me back again

It's like deja vu

No, it's not a cover of that other Deja Vu song you might have heard of. Talking about learning from past situations, we move to Columbus, OH for an Alt Rock track you may relate to if you've ever been obsessed:

"We write all the music together as a band but I write all the lyrics and I noticed that whenever I was doing yard work my mind would wonder to these random hurtful situations that had happened to me. It was weird because I never thought about them otherwise but I just couldn’t seem to move past it."

spotify:track:1GqoiTsU53kRv0DXOhUXMK:small 

Droves - Time

Credit: Walter MauriceCredit: Walter MauricePay the Bills, pay your rent,

pay your auntie who only lives on dividends

You’re there still

It’s well known the worlds wealthy only look after their own

Last stop of the month is Wollongong, New South Wales in Australia for a new wave song that grabs you and doesn't let go:

"So we wrote Time about 3 years ago. When we did all of us we’re working long hours. Thematically we wanted to write a pop song with a heavily underlying anti establishment message and hide it. With the goal of subliminally getting an anti establish song on radio (which we did), which isn’t impossible but is rare in music these days."

spotify:track:4mIYOW504qQC1SwA4lnJ7o:small 

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

5 Comments