Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music_blogs-green.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - March 2020

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check February's review, 2010s: A Decade in Music, or 2019 My Year In Music to see some of the most recent posts.

March marked the start of a very unique situation in the world for all of us, and fortunately, music can help coping with it. Here are some highlights from this month's featured songs, with a few words from the artists themselves:

Fudge. - Hugger-Mugger

n. Disorderly confusion; muddle.
n. Secrecy; concealment.
adj. Disorderly; jumbled.

Our monthly musical journey begins in Leeds, England. From the start, the energy builds, just to let it go, and create that hugger-mugger state of mind. If you play with fire, then you're gonna get burned:

"There was a person that caused a lot of conflict within the band at the time of writing this song, the chorus lyrics are pretty literal."

spotify:track:3FLFDu7dMdaXSR98GsNUhN:small

Déjà Vega - Who We Are

dejavega.jpgKeeping the energy up, we move now to Winsford, Cheshire for a track with a bassline that, from beginning to end, carries us just like its message: self belief, and unity in times of despair.

"The experience of being in a working band and never giving up inspired the track's title. It’s who we are."

spotify:track:36ol6LmjlLEzMMxY7pHHji:small 

Rose Bates - Young God

rosebates.jpgI feel like a young god

I feel like I wanna go back where I came from

Keeping the UK feel, from London we get Miss Rose with a song that came to be from a trip to the US:

"The track was written when I was solo traveling in Nashville and Los Angeles. I'm from London but always wanted to explore the US music scene. I was in Nashville for a music writing camp I was invited to to. Then I went to LA, I'm lucky to have friends in LA I could stay with.

The song was based off of the experiences I had over there and how it felt being there. I'd been to LA before but not on my own without family. I felt really grown up and independent, and I think the song was a celebration of that."

spotify:track:776ZO8Vui63C8GqAXrCewG:small 

Connor Bvrns & Bonn - ANTHEM (Acoustic)

From Los Angeles, we go north to San Francisco, CA, with the stripped piano version of a pop and EDM track about the uncertainty of love.

I don't know why I'm still in pain, I don't know why
I told you that you could not stay, by my side
Looking for a message in a bottle
But all it does is leaving me hollow
I hear your melody in my head
'Cause love is our anthem

spotify:track:0iS4eZ5VAPwDKNFbG29lOc:small 

Dreamer Boy - Puppy Dog

And for the last stop this month, our journey takes us all the way to Nashville, TN for a groovy indie pop track about that look everyone wants to get from that special person:

I've been waiting for you to see me like I see you
Staring at you with my puppy dog eyes, floppy ears
While I'm fakin' a smile

spotify:track:13O36COxxWjcvc9r5Zsd1P:small 

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!